Saturday, April 27, 2013

X Is for X-ray

You know how people (or dogs and their owners) who have been together for a really long time start to look like each other?  My husband and I have been together for 25 years, and we've gone a little overboard with the whole "alike" thing.  In the span of one month, he and I both dealt ourselves the same injury in the exact same way. 

We both jumped up to block shots at a volleyball net and came down on our twisted ankles.

He went to the ER.

I went to an independent place called OrthoIndy.

He saw one doctor.

I saw one doctor.

He got an X-ray.

I got an X-ray.

He was put in a tiny waiting room with a woman who hadn't been able to stop throwing up for three days.

I was the only patient in the building.

He got a worthless supportive shoe.

I got a wonderful, inflatable boot.

He was given lots of pain meds he didn't use.

I wasn't even offered a Tylenol.

We have recently had to pay the bills for our exams and X-rays.

Between the doctor and hospital bills, we had to pay $1400 for his injury.

We paid $164 for mine.

I think you all are smart enough to catch the moral of this story.

Have a lovely day!

12 comments:

  1. Has he now switched to whatever you're on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a one-time thing. If he, or anyone in our family breaks or tears something, we will not be going to the ER.

      Delete
  2. I think the moral of the story is that if I ever crack my ankle, I'm driving to OrthoIndy to get it fixed. Even with the gasoline, it's still cheaper than an ER visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I'll make you dinner. :) Not that I want you to ever crack your ankle.

      Delete
  3. I don't mean to be cheeky but the moral of the story for me, not to play volleyball like you were 16 yrs old, ha ha ha ha. Both of you should take it easy on the body, ha ha ha. Hope you don't mind my comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahha! I find your comment to be hilarious! And true.

      Delete
  4. Yikes for the cost
    Keith {ever the comedian} says...
    moral of the story don't tell your wife the details and you won't end up on the blog...
    yeah he's a funny one alright.
    and now a little fearful that his next injury will end up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those costs are just crazy insane for the hubby :(

    Above you mentioned a "one-time thing" does that mean your place/plan? Or that he learned the moral of the story and will say to hell with the ER/Hospital? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very crazy. Not only will he stay away from the ER, he will stay away from the volleyball court. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!