I am not a parenting expert, I just play one in my daily life. Raising six kids and being a teacher for many years, I've formed some opinions and ideas on parenting. These are some of my profound posts. (They aren't really profound, but I really like alliteration. And parentheses. And quotes. You'll see.)
1. Giving kids some freedom to grow
2. Helping (not handling) a strong-willed child
3. Gifts to buy for kids
4. A letter to my teens
5. Despite the bad, we will not live in fear
6. How I want my kids to live, to be good stewards
7. We can't do it all. And some breakfast ideas.
8. On the sidelines of a soccer field
9. How my boys are expected to behave around girls
10. Helping kids build their self-confidence
11. What we consider a fantastic day
12. I am pro-life. Always.
13. Road tripping with kids (and teens) can be fun
14. Our kids don't have smart phones.
15. Debt: What We're Discussing with Our Kids
In April of 2015, I began the A-Z Challenge, and I chose the theme of parenting tips and tricks. I didn't finish the month, because actual parenting was taking up too much time (ironic, I know), but I managed to get through most of the alphabet.
Anger. Ours. Not Theirs.
Cleaning out the momvan.
Teaching empathy through gift-giving
Ending the homework woes
Vaccinations made easy, or at least easier
Helping a child with social anxiety