1. Completely unprompted and out of the blue, Turken said, "Mom, you aren't old enough to be turning 41. I think you are only 28 and will be 29 on your birthday."
And now Turken is my favorite.
2. The next day the same child drew this.
At first I thought he drew a picture of me with my brains actually swirling out of my head in one of my mommy meltdowns.
Thankfully he explained.
"I drew a picture of you getting a haircut. You're sitting in the chair. See, I even drew your curly hair!"
To make the moment a little more special, Cuckoo just happened to be singing One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful". Except he used poetic license and sang, "I don't know you're beautiful."
I hope a Great Clips coupon enters my mailbox soon. I do believe I am in need of a trim.
3. My husband oozes romance. When I went to bed last night, I found this on my pillow.
4. On Sunday, we went to 5:00 pm Mass in short sleeves. The next morning, we had a blizzard.
OK, so it wasn't a blizzard. It was a very strong flurry, though, that lasted a good hour. This guy pretty well sums up my feelings on the snow.
5. I thought a hand-held steamer was my house-cleaning BFF. It does a bang up job cleaning the shower tile and that nasty area around the toilets. Well, move over bacon, now there's something leaner. And by leaner, I mean even better at cleaning. And by better, I mean it cleans while I play with the kids. Or blog. Or do anything I darn well please.
People, vinegar is the bomb. And I'm obsessed. I knew of some of it's capabilities, but I've discovered more. Just look:
The faucet in the kids bathroom. Nasty green scum, no?
and leave it be for untold hours. Really, until you go in the bathroom and say, "Oh, yeah. I forgot I was cleaning the faucet." Voila!
While I was tying the bag onto the faucet, some spilled onto the paper towel I had on the counter. I left it, just to see. Wouldn't you know, the stains in the granite were gone! So, I tried it on the granite around the shower.
Now get your jaw up off the ground and get that vinegar out of the cupboard.
6. Before you start thinking I am the smartest person you know, I must tell you that in all actuality, I am a moron. Not knowing that I am a tactile learner, the painter (yes, paint in my new kitchen!) came to show me a sample of an option for the texture for the ceiling.
7. I love unexpected funny moments. I got one yesterday in the dentist's chair of all places. After almost two hours in the chair for a crown on my wisdom tooth, Cuckoo got tired of occupying himself and got on my lap. Yes, I was upside-down, the dentist and his assistant had at least four instruments in my mouth, I was given instructions to be completely still for three minutes while the mold set, and my three-year old chose that moment to get on my lap.
The funny moment came when he tried to get a better look at the goings-on. He leaned forward, and for 15 minutes I got to look at this:
With that visual, I leave you with
Have a lovely day!