Sunday, April 19, 2015

Because 6 Days Per Week of Posting Just Isn't Enough, TToT #96

Ya'll, I have to say, having a child in a play is way more difficult than having kids in sports. At least for the last few of weeks leading up to opening night. It is wearing us all out.

But we've made it through one more week without losing anyone or getting a practice or game time wrong. (1)

The play is this week, so only one more week of crazy. (2)

Most of the week was warm and dry, ending in complete gorgeousness on Friday and Saturday. This meant that while we waited for big kids to finish with practice of some kind, the little kids could play on playgrounds. (3)

The red bud trees are in full bloom, turning our side yard into a swath of purple. (4)

Pay no attention to the grass that needs cut. 

My two oldest children are gainfully employed reffing soccer games. It is a great job for teens, as they can do it whenever they have the time, and they can do it for the rest of their lives whenever they need some cash. In one tournament weekend, a ref can earn up to $200. (5)

Star's team had a game on Saturday, but they were missing a few players. They asked Giant to play with them. They played a fantastic game. (6) Giant scored the team's only goal, and Star blocked many, many shots. The most unbelievable was this block of a penalty kick:

Thanks, Kris's dad for taking the photos for us!
My kids have a fantastic high school to attend. The prom was this weekend, and although I don't have kids old enough to go, I worked the after-prom check-in. With every event I attend, I am just more impressed with the faculty and children. (7)

Bryan was out tilling the garden, preparing it for the seeds we'll be planting soon. (8)

Phoenix is more than halfway done with the required hours to get his license. He will be ready by May 22, the first day he is eligible to take the driver's test. (9)

A few people actually read my post yesterday, despite the title "I Won't Be Offended if You Don't Read This". It's about poo, but it's the first funny thing I've written during this entire alphabetical challenge. I'm grateful to everyone who has stuck with me and keeps reading through this long month of many posts.

So, what are you thankful for this week?

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group

21 comments:

  1. I love reading about your family. You're always so busy with life. I like that and your kids rock.

    I'm thankful for our boat. We are currently spending a fabulous weekend. The sun is shining and the birds are chirping. It's magical.

    Have a fabulous day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are busy, that's for sure. :) Thanks for sticking with us through it all.

      It sounds like you are having a perfectly perfect weekend. I'm thinking our retirement will look a lot like your weekend. :)

      Delete
  2. what?! how did I miss a Post (not just any Post, a an Antelope to Zebra April blog Challenge no less!)

    excuse me while I go rectify my error

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not your fault. I posted it at a weird time. Got busy and all with things besides this never-ending challenge.

      Delete
  3. Love the red bud trees. My son reffed soccer games all during high school and he made great spending money. Some of the boys he reffed with (who are now men) are still doing it for extra money. He played goalie, too. (A very dramatic position). I'm sorry I missed your poo post. I'm off to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too. It's like a flower garden on steroids, and I don't even have to weed them. :)

      There are a lot of adults who do it. It's a great way to earn some quick money when an emergency comes up, too.

      Oh, Star in the goal makes me more nervous than all the other kids put together. And he's fearless. He jumps in front of any player, regardless of how fast or gigantic he is.

      I'm not surprised. I posted late. You are normally so good about visiting every day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

      Delete
  4. wow... nice save ! Great photo! I am so jealous of everyone's flowers and green... they are saying snow showers and snow for tomorrow and Tuesday...not flurries...snow.... Im sure it wont stay but I still have a snow bank outside my window... ok now Im just whining...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! To make it better, the boy who kicked that ball is friends with Buttercup and Phoenix, and he had been talking smack all week about his team crushing Star's. They can't wait to make fun of him at school on Monday. :)

      NOOOOOO! Not more snow! You still have a snow bank?? I didn't realize it was still hanging around. No wonder you needed a trip to the beach. I hope it comes to nothing, and you get warm weather to melt it all once and for all.

      Delete
  5. Star might appreciate this video, if he hasn't already seen it: https://youtu.be/8F9jXYOH2c0. It's a Studio C skit, and no matter how many times I see it, I still wince and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! We've seen it. So funny. Yet not. 'Cause I have a goalie. I get so nervous at games!

      Delete
  6. Oh my, I love your redbuds! That has to be my favorite spring flowering tree. Our one lonely tree doesn't look even close to opening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having so many in a row. Whoever planted them was one smart cookie. Post a photo when yours finally blooms!

      Delete
  7. Whoah Nelly! You mean you have 2 kids with learner's permits? Keep in mind I've been quite the slacker lately, not visiting and reading all my favorite blogs.... but if you do......I'm glad I'm not you!
    What play? (or would I know that if I wasn't a slacker and have been reading your posts?!)
    The only grass I see in that picture is gorgeous green. And your trees are beautiful. Love the wall of color:)
    Can't wait to see pictures of the garden. I guess you know all what John will be planting. Has he ever surprised you? Thrown in a wild card crop? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. Sorry if I confused you. The oldest has his and will be getting his license next month. Buttercup is old enough, but we're waiting until the summer for her to take the classes and get her permit.

      Star and Giant are in the middle school musical. It isn't much of a time-killer until the last few weeks before show time.

      Thank you for that. It is a pretty green, thanks to the unbelievable amount of precipitation we've gotten this year.

      I normally have an idea of what Bryan plants, but each year there is something to surprise me. One year it was carrots. One year spinach. Keeps me on my toes. :)

      Delete
  8. Wait a minute. As hard as I try...I can not see a "Q" anywhere in this post. ;)

    I am most impressed with your ability to keep up the challenge. I can't keep up commenting let alone writing. You are an imspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. Tucker, there are no q words because this is not the q post. That's Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thankful the bloody spider made her presence known BEFORE she got squooshed.

    I like your trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Won't it be great once Phoenix can help put with the driving?! And how nice that your two oldest can earn real cash by doing something that is outside and fun! Good for them! Your trees and bushes are lovely! Gosh I love seeing everyone's spring pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As scary as it seems now, you're going to LOVE having that extra driver in the house! The picture of Star is a.maz.ing. And good for Giant for scoring the only goal! Woot! Red buds are nothing to speak about 11 months out of the year, but that month they're in bloom are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!