Last week, I mentioned I was trying to come up with a new header for the blog. You know, because mine was baby poop colored. Not one, but TWO reader friends offered to make a new one for me. I told them they most certainly didn't have to do such a thing, as they are both busy ladies. And then, not a week later, I found one in my inbox. With a button to match! (Although, I don't have the button up yet. It's late. I'll get to it.)
So, thank you, thank you, Julia, Mini Van Dreams...and Dirty Dishes for making such a pretty header for me. My favorite part is how she made the pigs and chickens all free of their pens. Don't be fooled. This isn't a peaceful drawing. If you look closely enough, you can see it in their eyes. They are taunting me, the crazed woman just outside the drawing. Daring me to try to round them up and put them back in their pens.
I could find 10 things for which to be thankful just with the new header as my topic, but it feels like cheating to me.
2. I am thankful for our church's adult volleyball league. There are so many fun people playing that I am guaranteed to have a good time each and every week. We had our final games this evening, and while my team didn't win the championship, I am a winner...
3. Because I made it through the entire season without injuring myself.
4. I am thankful for friends with whom to carpool. Phoenix had a soccer tournament two hours away this weekend, and with the game times being what they were, we chose not to spend the night Friday night. We found out that his teammate's family wasn't staying either, so the moms and the boys drove down together. It made the 4 hours of driving much more pleasant.
5. I am thankful that the weather wasn't terribly horrible for his games. Yes, they were outdoors. Normally, when the winter isn't as brutal, this tournament isn't so bad. Fortunately, we had a minor heat wave this weekend, getting up to almost 50 degrees, so his Saturday game was fine. (Friday night was pretty cold, but there wasn't any wind or precipitation, so we called it a fine night.)
6. I am thankful that the managers used their brains and cancelled the last day of games (Sunday). It is predicted that we (and the city where he was playing) will get either 8 inches of snow or a bunch of ice through the day on Sunday. Playing in THAT would have been miserable.
7. I am thankful for the time I spent visiting with my brother and his family. They needed a bigger vehicle, and we just happened to have a minivan sitting in our driveway collecting dust and an occasional mouse. On Friday, he and his family came up to retrieve it, so the little boys and I were able to catch up with them and have some fun cousin time.
8. I am thankful that the minivan made it back to Kentucky without breaking down. That van had only been on the road for about 10 miles in the last 4 years, so I was a wee bit worried that it wouldn't make the drive. I received confirmation that it ran fine, and they made it home without incident.
9. I am thankful for Phoenix's new position on the high school volleyball team. He is having a blast. We all have a lot to learn about the sport, as it is a bit different than girls' volleyball. I can't wait to see him play, which will be at their first scrimmage on Thursday.
10. I am thankful for kids who do their chores with no reminders. Star and Giant are rock stars when it comes to doing their daily chores and laundry each week. It makes my days easier, that is for sure.
It's your turn! What are you thankful for this week?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Meaning of Me, The Wakefield Doctrine