2. I am thankful for my perfectionist husband, who read the blog and alerted me to the misspelling. If only he could have read it before Tuesday.
3. I am thankful for my Betty Crocker cookbook. That woman never lets me down. I bought a big box of blueberries, which only two people in my house will eat. However, in a Blueberry Streusel Muffin, all of the kids will devour them.
4. I am thankful for my umbrella. Sunshine triggers Lupus flares. An umbrella allows me to do a lot of the things I want to do, and some of the things I have to do.
|parking duty during our home soccer tournament last weekend - This would be in the "have to do" category.|
|He got the vase out of the cupboard, filled it with water, and placed it on the table all by himself.|
5. I am thankful for healthy pigs. Every time I go out to the pen, I get pigified. (That would be a word I came up with to describe the state I am in when I come back from feeding/watering the pigs. Basically, I am covered in mud. Smears of it all over my legs from their snouts pushing me around in order to get their food. Spots of it all over me from when they get their heads into the water stream while I fill their bowls, then shake their heads and send mud drops flying. (Little tip: NEVER take your shower before feeding the pigs in the morning.)) When they were sick, I came back from feeding/watering sparkling clean.
Tightly coiled tail = healthy pig.
6. I am thankful for our garden. Besides the wonderfully yummy food it provides, it gives me hours of pleasure in time weeding. I was out there for four hours on Thursday, and it was delightful. (I'm not kidding. I really do enjoy it.)
7. I am thankful for the break from soccer and appointments. Thursday is the first day so far that has felt like summer. The van never left its spot in the driveway. No place to go. Nothing to do except enjoy some down time.
8. I am thankful for spring temperatures. After that long winter, we are experiencing a real spring with perfectly mild temperatures. We have had the windows open for weeks now, and I love it.
9. I am thankful for the library. My kids love to read, so after a trip to the library, peace and quiet reigns for hours.
10. I am thankful for Star. It's his birthday today!!! He's the big 1-2. Star has always been the wild card. He's a boy of extremes, emotions written all over him, unless he is someplace other than home. The entire world believes he is quiet and calm. The entire world is WRONG! Thankfully, he is also hilarious, in a very physical, Kramer from Seinfeld sort of way. Lately, the boy has really started to mature. The other day, I was emptying the dishwasher while all the kids were in the kitchen with me, finishing up their lunch. With zero prompting from me, Star got up and began helping me. That has never happened before. Could it be he has actually been listening to me all these years when I have said, "When you see an adult working, your bum should be up and working, too"???
|A little peek into their campout. Post to come next week.|
Have a lovely day!