Friday, June 28, 2013

7+ Quick Takes, Family Edition


7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 222)


Why do I ride the coattails of Jen at Conversion Diary each week?

Um, it's a list of quick recaps from the week.  I love lists.  I love recaps.

Match made in heaven.
 
************** 1 *************

I have never liked calling my husband "Hubby".  Hate it, actually.  I have never used that word in real life, so why would I use it here?  I'm working on a name.  As I did with the kids, I gave him the chicken catalogue and told him to choose one.  He poo-pooed the idea.  (Actually, he said, "Cock of the Walk", but we're going to pretend he didn't.)  Guess that means I get to choose one.  For now, we shall try out BBQ Special.  It's not actually a breed, but a mix of surplus meat chickens.  (I think you can all come up with your own jokes on this one. ;) extra bit so my parenthesis doesn't look dumb with a ;)) but a normal)

****************** 2 ****************

Lying in bed, so close to falling asleep, BBQ says, "Should we switch sides?"

Me:  Why would we do that?

Him:  We've slept on the same side for 19 years.  Maybe we should shake things up a bit.

In the end, we realized we aren't "switching sides" kind of people.  Plus, we'd have to move my nightstand to the other side of the bed.  We aren't "unnecessary effort" kind of people either.

********************** 3 *******************

Every once in a while, one of the kids will show how wise he really is and put my ideas in perspective.  To illustrate:

Turken (while holding a chick):  I wish we could keep them little like this.

Me:  Funny, I say that about you all the time.

Giant:  But if we did stay little, you'd have to take care of us for the rest of your life.

Me:  Tou to the che. 

******************* 4 *************

Cuckoo (walking past me to hang up a sopping wet towel while holding an open bottle of bubbles):  I spilled it, but I cleaned it up without you asking me to.

Me:  Thank you, but didn't I ask you NOT to get the bubbles out?

Cuckoo:  It was an "assident".

*************** 5 *************

Remember the bouquet Cuckoo made for BBQ last week?


The conversation at dinner the other day:

Me:  I hate to say it, but it's time to get rid of the bouquet you made for Daddy.

Cuckoo:  Why?

Me:  Well, the flowers are dead and the water is getting really yucky.

Phoenix (walking in from the kitchen with a potted plant in his hands):  Says the person who has this on the counter in her kitchen.



Once again, tou.che.


**************** 6 ***************

Question:  What's it like living with a houseful of boys?


Answer:  "Look, they're open on Turd Day!"

Any more questions?

**************** 7 ***************

Proof that my baby is brighter than the brightest bulb in the light factory:

Cuckoo:  What does becycling start with?

Me:  RE-cycling starts with an r.

Pause

Me:  BI-cycling starts with a b.

Pause

Me:  What is BE-cycling?

Pause

Cuckoo:  Oh.  Becycling.

Pause

Me:  What is that?

Pause

Cuckoo:  Oh.  Nothing.

Pause

Cuckoo:  But it starts with a B.

************* Random photos *************

"I'm racing!"


Definition of "living on the edge":  Holding a helium balloon outside while standing mere feet from a moving train.
 
Don't forget to come back tomorrow and link up with our 10 Things of Thankful!

Oh, and don't forget, I'm on facebook now.  (and I'm hoping that's the right link)

Have a lovely day!

19 comments:

  1. Teeheehee!!! Your kids are hilarious. And of the Walk. Bahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find them to be quite funny, too.
      Even the husband gets a laugh out of me every once in a while. :)

      Delete
    2. I must have commented my comment on my phone... who else would turn Cock of the Walk into And of the Walk. Anyways... lol

      Delete
  2. B is for becycling. I'm going to be chuckling all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was laughing about it for a good, long time myself.

      Delete
  3. I will never look at the word "Saturday" normally again. Thank you for that! It will now be known as Turd Day! Love it!

    Your family cracks me up!

    You COULD call your husband Rooster. But I DO like Cock of the Walk or C.O.W. (throw out the "the")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm glad someone found it amusing. Oh, and Giant saw this and is quite pleased with it. :)

      Me, too!

      Hahaha! COW is a great idea. I'll run it by him.

      Delete
  4. Your kids pwned you!

    Go with Sebright for your husband, because that's one AWESOME chicken, and from what I've heard, he's an AWESOME guy (he might not like how fancy it is though - he doesn't seem like a fancy kinda chap).

    Cuckoo's a dear. And right. And also not wrong - Becycling does begin with a 'B'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first thing I read about a Sebright is it's "sweet nature". My husband is AWESOME, but he would never be considered sweet towards anyone but me. Actually, "cold" has been used more than once. And no, he's not fancy either. :)

      It most certainly does. It's why the conversation ended. :)

      Delete
  5. I love that you thought switching sites was shaking things up ... and I especially love that you ended up deciding not to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't crazy, but we are lazy. Good to know where we stand. :)

      Delete
  6. Your kids are so funny!.The pot plant bit made me laugh, that looks rather like mine as I'm always forgetting to water them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason our garden does well is that Mother Nature gets to water the plants. I am the WORST at house plants.

      I agree, the kids are getting funnier by the day. :)

      Delete
    2. I've previously found that spider plants are good for neglectful plant owners, not matter what you do you can't kill them off; my house was overrun with the things at one time and I rarely watered them.

      Delete
  7. Love, love, love the conversations/quotes. At the end of the day, that's the first thing Steve and I talk about - the conversations that we have had with our kiddos during the day. They are so good for us, aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Touche indeed to the dead flowers. That is SO my house. I still have a Rosemary Christmas plant on the corner cabinet in the kitchen. A dead Rosemary Christmas plant. Note to self...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband used to like to switch sides every week or so when we first got married. That quit when we had kids, because when they come to your room in the night, they come to the side of the bed closest to the door. Guess who got that side permanently?

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I have to say is your kids rock! I hope they continue to show you up now and again ;-) We won't ever talk about my plant care. Wish I had taken a picture of the one I had for ages, and I could have made a post about it. It somehow lived... so so long.

    I don't think I'd ever want to switch sides of the bed lol I'm a creature of habit.

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!