I talk too much, so I don't have any secrets about myself. (About others, plenty. But that info is in the vault. (Name that show!)) Guess we're going with just plain old tiny things that bring me joy.
1. Seeing the first robin of the year. Robins are so much better at predicting the start of spring than that silly groundhog. Today, the first robin showed up in our yard. Praise Jesus, I will be warm again some day soon!
2. Speaking of the groundhog, it is bringing me so much joy that Turken cannot remember the word "groundhog". He keeps calling it Mole Day. When he sees the picture of the groundhog he colored in school, he calls it a mole. You may be saying, "Groundhog Day was weeks ago. Why does he keep talking about it?" Because I keep asking him about it. And I will keep asking him about it until he figures it out. Mole Day just cracks me up.
3. Clever, funny commercials. Lately, it is this one in particular:
4. Learning something new. Like how to put a video in a post. BAM!
5. Finding that my husband has made the bed while I was getting breakfast for the kids. Really, anyone making any bed without being asked brings me immeasurable joy.
6. Going on a walk around our yard without finding any dead animals or bones left over from a dead animal. Come spring, I will have quite the dilemma on my hands. Go outside to enjoy the beautiful weather, or stay inside and avoid all the carnage? Decisions, decisions.
7. A nice big bowl of Chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream. So. Much. Joy.
8. The wonderful aroma of a flower bed full of hyacinth.
It's why I take the kids to the zoo. The folks at the White River Gardens (next door to the zoo) always plant lots of hyacinth just for me.
9. When someone says, "Do you have ____?" and within seconds I actually do have ______. I love being organized, or at least tricking people into thinking I am organized.
10. Unexpectedly receiving a hug or a peck on the cheek from one of my kids. Makes my heart so very joyful.
You know I had to get one sappy one in there. I'd look like a terrible mom if I didn't even mention my kids in a list of things that bring me joy.
No school today, so off we go to get kids' eyes checked and hairs cut. I know how to bring my kids joy, for sure.
Have a lovely day!