1. What are two or three expectations you have of yourself?
Well, this is a tough one right off the bat. :)
I expect to put my family first when it comes to choosing how to spend my time and energy.
I expect to always treat people with kindness, regardless of the situation.
I expect to not just wait for opportunities to fall in my lap, but to search out ways to help and to serve others.
2. In what ways does your outdoor space need sprucing up this spring?
On a 150 year old farm, there are always, ALWAYS, things that need sprucing up. Trees that need taken down, barns that need repairs, animal areas cleaned up. We tried to get some landscaping done last year, but the dogs destroyed quite a bit of it. We'll see what comes up and what we can do to improve it. One thing that does not need done? House painting. Got that done already, so check it off the list!
3. According to this site (Roadtrippers), six of North America's most wondrous waterfalls are-Webster's Falls in Ontario, Upper Whitewater Falls in North Carolina,Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, Multnomah Falls in Oregon, The Lower Yellowstone Falls, and Niagara. Have you seen any on the list? Which one on the list would you most like to visit? Prettiest waterfall not on the list that you've seen in person?
Of the list, I've only seen Niagara, but I've seen it several times. I'd like to visit all of them. As for ones not on the list that I've seen...as far as I'm concerned, all waterfalls are beautiful. I find them to be mesmerizing.
|From last year's spring break trip, on the side of the road somewhere in Tennessee|
|poor quality photo of a poster-sized photo, taken on our 10 year anniversary trip somewhere in Maine|
4. Looking back, what's something you wish you'd done as a teenager?
I can't say that I would do anything. The things that made my teen years less than ideal weren't something I could change. I got involved, I jumped at the chance to try new things, I had fun, I met Bryan. I'm happy with the choices I made back then.
5. Ham...yes please or no thank you? If you said yes please which of the following do you like best-baked ham with all the trimmings, a ham and cheese sandwich, prosciutto with melon, a ham biscuit, a bowl of split pea and ham soup, or a slice of pizza topped with ham and pineapple?
We raise pigs, sooooo pretty sure you can guess YES PLEASE!! My favorite ways to eat our ham is grilled ham steak (Ever had ham on the grill? Delicious!) and ham and bean soup (no split peas).
6. Are you typical of your generation?
I don't thing so. Bryan and I have never been typical of our generation, even when we were teenagers. That's all I have to say about that. ;)
7. April rolls in at the end of the week, and in keeping with that theme...'act the fool', nobody's fool', a fool's errand', 'could have fooled me'...which foolish idiom most recently applies to you? Explain.
I'm going to have to go with "act the fool". I've never really given two sticks about what people think of me, and that attitude, coupled with an impulsiveness I possess, has led me to do many silly, ridiculous things. If you've read this blog for any length of time, you've probably seen it. This past weekend was one instance where I totally acted the fool, but I can't expand on it. While I am all about making fun of myself, this instance includes another person who wouldn't appreciate my telling of the story.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A little update on Star's tooth pain from the Easter weekend: Star will be getting a root canal on Friday. Four years ago, playing tag at recess, he tripped, face-planted, and his front tooth took the brunt of the fall, cracking it in half. The nerve inside is now dying. Until Friday, he is living on high doses of ibuprofen and at night, Tylenol with codeine.
Turken has had a fever since Monday afternoon. He has had no other symptoms of illness except a mild stomachache. He's still eating, and he's not vomiting or getting a rash or collapsing in exhaustion. Basically, he's just starting his spring break early, sitting around doing nothing all day.
You can thank him and his desire for me to be sitting with him, if not necessarily holding him, for my ability to write this post AND the post that will publish tomorrow. (PJ's Photo Blogging Challenge. The theme is "three" if you want to join in.)
Have a lovely day!