I almost said that with a straight face.
I have about lost my will to plan anything anymore. It is such a rare day that my plans reach fruition, I just plan to change my plans. There is always a plan B, C, and D, if not an E at the ready.
Or not. Many times, the plans change so fast, even the backup plans go out the window.
But for real, this should be the last really, really busy week for a while.
1. Giant and Star competed in the city cross country meet on Wednesday to end the season. It was a great meet, and they both ran their personal bests. I am especially happy for Star, as it is the last cross country meet he will ever run. (He'll be starting high school next year and will be playing soccer instead of running.) It was a fantastic end to his running "career".
2. Also on Wednesday, Phoenix's high school soccer team played in the first game on the road to state. They were the serious underdogs, as the team they played was one of the top 15 in the state. It was an exciting game to say the least. In the end, WE WON! Game two is Saturday night.
3. Did you catch that both gigantic sporting events in my children's lives were on the same night? I was thrilled with the way the timing worked out. The boys were in the last race at 6:30. The meet was only 20 minutes away from the soccer game, and the game didn't start until 7:30. I got to see both events in their entirety!
4. Turken will be playing in his last soccer game of the season this weekend. He has had so much fun, finally getting to play on a real field with a real goalie instead of simply watching his siblings from the sidelines. He played well all season, even though he was playing against kids who were up to a year and a half older than him.
5. You know, that thing that happened this week that I can't remember (because I didn't write it down in any legible way). (That's for you, Denise!)
6. After much putting off and worrying and trying to fit and figure things out, we finally have Cuckoo's special trip scheduled. (To read about these trips, go here.) The day before Halloween, he and I will board a plane for Orlando. He is ridiculously excited to be trick-or-treating on his trip, purely for the fact that we will be going in a neighborhood with more houses than we normally visit. Basically, he'll get more candy than his siblings. I am excited because that trick-or-treating will be with a friend of mine. She's a blog friend I've never met in real life, but I feel like we've been friends forever. (She's the one who had me rolling in the aisles of the grocery store when she sent me one, simple text.) We're all going to have a blast.
7. The pigs are finally where I like them...in my freezer. It took me eight trips from van to basement, carrying massive amounts of pork, but it's all organized and ready to go. There's only one problem. There is no way we can eat 350 pounds of pork in one year. (There's relatively little bacon from a pig.) Fortunately, we know quite a few people who like to eat pork, too, and are willing to buy it off of us.
8. The work of putting food from the garden and orchard is done for the year. I can finally pack up the canning supplies. It is so satisfying to walk into the basement and see jar after jar of food that we grew, picked, and preserved ourselves. And it means all sorts of now free time to do other things. Perhaps I shall kick back and read a book in a day.
I really couldn't say that with a straight face.
9. One major monkey wrench in the plans this week occurred on Friday. As I drove down the driveway, I heard something a little off. I looked in my side mirror and discovered that my tire was flat. Flatty, flat, horribly flat. Unfortunately, I was driving down my driveway to pick the kids up from school and attend parent/student/teacher conferences on an early dismissal day. Fortunately, I am in a community full of people who are happy to help me. A friend of mine grabbed my kids and took charge of them for 2 hours while I waited for the tow truck guy to fix my tire.
10. Fall break started at dismissal today. The high school only gets out Thursday and Friday next week, but the other three have THE ENTIRE WEEK OFF!! I am so excited. It won't be perfect, seeing as how I still have to get the high school kids and Cuckoo still has school and I have a doctor appointment on Wednesday, but it will be easier. Especially now that three sports teams are done for the season.
Okie doke. It's your turn. Any plans get derailed? Find any good in that derailment?
Link up or let me know in the comments!
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group