1. Cuckoo was the only child I took to my great-aunt's funeral. Turns out, he was the only person there younger than 38. There were only 2 of us in our 40s. We'll just say it was mostly just the seasoned relatives in attendance. Cuckoo behaved marvelously. Considering going to church is probably his least favorite thing to do in the entire world, it could have gone horribly wrong. I don't think I could have taken the advice of 100 people 78 and older.
2. Cuckoo provided the comic relief everyone needed. He even got a true guffaw out of my grandma.
3. The weather for the funeral was perfect.
4. Since I was able to stay for two nights, we were able to get all sorts of Euchre in. We laughed and laughed, despite our exhaustion and sorrow. Well, really, because of our exhaustion and sorrow.
5. I will be in Florida for the first snowflakes of the season. Everyone here in Indiana will be bundled up in coats and gloves for trick-or-treating, while Cuckoo and I will be enjoying Halloween without layers. Shorts and a t-shirt for me!
6. The new light fixtures for the front porch and my bedroom hallway have arrived. Finally, I'll have some light at night and won't be so likely to kill myself when I trip over the junk the kids have left on the floor.
7. Bryan doesn't have to clock in at work, but can work whatever hours works for him. While he usually works from 7:30-5:30, it's been (and will be) very helpful that he can take the time to do the driving I normally do on weekdays.
8. I still have a few kids who don't mind when I hug and kiss them, even in public.
9. Internet banking lets me schedule the paying of the bills. No overdrawing the account or paying late in this house!
10. I AM GOING TO FLORIDA AND STAYING WITH MY FRIEND AND GOING TO THE BEACH!!! Did I mention that already?
It's Wednesday, so no code to put the link in here. Head over to Lizzi's if you want to join in the thankfulness with a post of your own.
Have a lovely day!