But I am bound and determined to not mention the s word in today's list.
1. Giant received a new game for his birthday, and we've all enjoyed playing it. It says it's for kids 8+, but Cuckoo and Turken have both joined in and done just fine. It's for 2-8 players, so we can all play together.
2. The lawn mower is at the shop finally. It took one serious beating this summer, and I'm sure the mechanic will come back with a long list of things that need to be fixed. But, its getting fixed and is one more thing I was able to check off of my to do list. Plus, it will be a whole new mower when it gets back. It may just make me want to mow again.
3. Buttercup is going to Homecoming this weekend. The (modest, pretty) dress she wanted was on sale when I went back to buy it. $30, People. $30 for a Homecoming dress. How can I not be thankful?
4. Bryan's birthday was last Saturday, and thanks to kids' sports, there was no time to celebrate. I was able to make his red cake on Monday, and we at it on Tuesday. As for gifts he got sausage casings so he can turn our ground pork into links and 12 pints of homemade sauerkraut that I personally helped make. I love that we are happy with belated, cheap gifts and celebrations for each other.
5. Basketball tryouts were last weekend, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Giant and Star are on the same team, and their coaches are good friends of ours. One of those coaches lives pretty close to us and will bring them home after practices. (You may hear about this many times throughout the winter, because it is HUGE!)
6. My Bible study group hasn't gotten together in months thanks to the fact we all have very different school and activity schedules now. They were getting together Wednesday night, but I wouldn't be able to make it because 2 of the boys had games. My wonderful friends decided to come to the game I was watching so I could be included in the evening. It was so nice to catch up with them.
7. We had a nice, long run of perfect weather. No rain. Barely any clouds. Temperatures that made everyone want to be outside. We knew it couldn't last forever. The rain finally moved in on Friday, but it was a pleasant, calm, consistent rain with a wonderful-sounding breeze. And since it was Friday, I was able to stay in my PJs and simply enjoy the sound and smell through the screen door until I had to pick the kids up from school.
8. I was able to stay in my PJs most of the day Friday. It bears repeating.
9. I had great hair days two days in a row. I have curly, tends-to-be-frizzy hair that hasn't been cut since June. Great hair days just don't happen for me, let alone two in one week. (Don't ask me why I didn't snap a photo to remember the day by.)
10. I have been able to get back on track with my 15 minutes (at least) of decluttering per day. I love it more than...um...lots of other chores. My excitement is completely out of proportion with the little that I get done, but I don't care. I actually call Bryan just to tell him what I accomplished each day. Sure, he's negotiated 10 multi-million dollar deals in 6 hours, but I CLEANED OUT TWO BAGS OF JUNK FROM THE BASEMENT!
It's getting cold out there. Next week's thankful list may not be so upbeat. Consider yourself warned.
Your turn! I want to hear what you were happy to see happen this week
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group