And you know what that means.
The theme this week is 10 Actual Skills or Enlightenments that I Learned in 2012.
First thing that came to mind is blogging. It wasn't until this year that I really figured out this blogging thing. I realized that I don't care how many people read my blog. I'm not looking for a huge following so I can make money or get a book deal. I am writing because it is fun. I enjoy meeting people I would never meet otherwise. People that make me think, laugh, learn, and see things in new ways. If I can do that for other people, too, it's a bonus.
Fortunately, with blogging, I can go through and see all of the other things that I learned.
For this week's listicles, I am going to shamelessly direct you towards past posts that explain what I've learned.
My Brand New Skills and Enlightenments:
1. I learned both Ashtanga yoga and the fact that I need better friends in one fell swoop.
2. I am no longer afraid of dogs. Well, I'm not afraid of one dog in particular.
3. I learned I am not as crafty as I used to be. Poor Cuckoo and Turken got the short stick on this one.
4. I realized that not only am I old, but other people know it.
5. Even in a drought full of 100+ degree days, you can't fry an egg on the sidewalk. Or a barn roof.
6. Deciding to potty-train a child by encouraging him to pee outside can backfire. Who knew?
7. I spend too much time in the van. Which means I see too much and think too much.
8. Our kids still listen to us. I don't care that they're only doing it in order to get more material with which to mock us.
9. I may actually have what it takes to be a real farmer. Maybe someday. If I work really hard.
10. Lastly, I learned how to dispose of a pig that drowned itself.
You had to know that one was coming.
Have a lovely day!