And I'm thankful.
In no particular order...
1. Star did not get injured in the 2 varsity games in which he was goalkeeper this week. He and Phoenix both played the best they could. (Saturday's game was painful. They played a team that is ranked nationally. Our team is not.)
2. The academy program at our soccer club (kids age 7-10) is the best one I've ever seen. Not only do they learn footwork and how to play, they have a great time doing it. At the end of practice on Thursday, they had a paint war with about 80-90 kids, and Turken had a blast.
3. We have hundreds of bushels of apples on our trees this year. One of the trees has some that are ready to be picked, and I managed to can 7 quarts this week. I also gave away quite a few to friends.
4. Cuckoo had a happy birthday, partly because Phoenix can drive. Buttercup and Phoenix took Cuckoo out for some ice cream then a shopping trip to spend a $10 gift card.
5. Lots of things are getting done around here thanks to a guy from school/church who started a handyman service. Tomorrow he will finish fixing our crumbling cement front porch step.
6. While all these things are getting done around our house, I've been helping my friend who moved back from Japan get her new house ready for the furniture to be moved in. We've gotten three rooms painted, with one more room to go.
7. Bryan had a job through college as a painter, so when we were dating he taught me how to paint a room. I may not be able to fix the grout in a shower, but I can paint like a boss.
8. Our parish celebrated it's 50th anniversary this weekend, and I was in charge of a big portion of the celebration. Everything went very close to plans, so there was no stress involved.
9. The weather couldn't have been better, which is marvelous, seeing as how most of the things I was doing for the celebration, including the food, was outside.
10. I have superb friends who immediately offered their help with setting up, cleaning up, and manning the food after each Mass.
How was your weekend? Did your plans pan out as you'd hoped they would?
Have a lovely week!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group