Oh how we enjoy watching these stellar athletes competing for those gold, silver, and bronze medals.
This week, I'm thankful for...
3. Water polo players
4. Soccer players
6. Technology that allows us to watch races being raced in another hemisphere.
7. My family's interest in sports. One of us have played or raced in just about every sport in the Olympics, and those we haven't, we know enough about to know what's going on. Except for rugby. That one makes no sense to any of us.
8. In other news, I'm also thankful for opportunities to get together and visit with friends. There were several this week.
9. The soccer boys had the annual Red vs. Blue games, where our school's teams play each other (JV plays the JV2 team, then after a short break plays the varsity team). It is the only time in their lives that Giant and Star played against Phoenix. Everyone, players and spectators alike, thoroughly enjoyed the day.
|Giant getting to the ball before a varsity player.
|Phoenix taking a kick.
|Why being a goalkeeper's mother is nerve wracking. Star slid in front of that player in order to keep him from scoring. See the ball?
|Luckily the varsity player was able to jump over Star. That doesn't always happen.
10. The high school kids had a great start to the school year. They all have friends in their classes and they all are happy with the teachers they got. I am enjoying watching them all enjoying their teen years.
So, what good things are you grateful for this week? Have you been watching the Olympics? What's your favorite event?
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine