Friday, August 12, 2016

My Kids Have It, but Clearly It Didn't Come From Me

One of the million or so papers I had to sign or fill out at the beginning of the year was an inventory of sorts the 3rd grade teacher sent home. While I wasn't looking forward to filling out a 2 page paper, I was thankful it did not require a check, as so many of the beginning of the year papers do.

Question 4 or 5 asked for me to give the teacher three words to describe Turken. Not a fan of those questions, but for this marvelous teacher I would do it.

1. Funny. (The boy is hilarious.)

2. Kind (He wouldn't intentionally hurt a fly, either physically or mentally, let alone a kid in his class. His brother, Cuckoo is a different matter, but we're working on it.)

3. Intelli... That doesn't look right.

3. Intelle...Well, that doesn't either.

How in the world is it spelled?!!

Friends, I had to look up the word in the dictionary.

In case you're wondering, it is spelled I-N-T-E-L-L-I-G-E-N-T.

No irony here.

And that's how things are going around the coop.

In case you were wondering.

So, I'm taking a break.

Leaving Bryan and the kids to fend for themselves.

I'm meeting up with a friend for the weekend.

I'll tell you all about it on Sunday in my TToT post.

I'm sure there will be a photo or two.

You just might recognize both me and the friend I'm meeting.

Try not to vaporize in this oppressive heat and humidity while I'm gone. Oh the insanity of this humidity!

Have a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I love it. What a great question. Really great.

    I can't wait to hear about your weekend. I'll be standing by.

    Have a fabulous weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have/had a great weekend. I'm also away for the weekend, photographing a derelict ship, exploring an old castle, and meeting up with a blogging friend - one I haven't met yet - so check out my blog next week for lots of pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. It's Tuesday.. Are you taking an extended weekend? Because if you are, that's totally okay. Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!