Tuesday, December 11, 2012

To Shave or Not to Shave

Some men have faces made for facial hair.



Some don't. 


OK, I drew that one on, but during the month of Movember, we did learn that some men just look better without the 'stache.  (During November, men all over the country were growing mustaches to bring awareness and information about prostate cancer to the world.)

The following men can rock the upper-lip whiskers and would look downright foolish without them.

Albert Einstein




Charlie Chaplan



Gene Shalit



Yosemeti Sam



Moosetache
Moosetache

Today, another mustache was added to the world's favorite famous mustache list.

Turken


I am aware that it looks like I drew that mustache, but I swear I didn't.  You should be able to tell.  I would have drawn it straight. 

I have no idea where he found it (except that it was somewhere in the van.  Don't worry, it wasn't on the ground in the parking lot or anything like that.  (I hope.)) or why he decided to wear it, but wear it he did.  All afternoon.

Including during our trip to Meijer.

He was the highlight of many shoppers' day.   It's 14 days until Christmas.  Many, many shoppers gave me the grin and chuckled as they went on their way. 

When I first saw the press-on facial hair, I just giggled and shook my head.  He wanted to know why I was laughing.

I just smiled some more, and he asked, "Is it because I have that red mark under my lip?"

Yes, dear, I'm laughing at your chapped lips.  Because I'm mean like that.

Had your prostate checked lately?

Have a lovely day!

16 comments:

  1. Goodness he's a cutie, and by he, I mean Turken, well Turken and Tom Selick! But Turken! I would have laughed at his 'stash' if I'd have seen him too!
    What a cutie pie!
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Oh, and Turken is adorable too. Tom will always be the love of my life. LOL. Yes, I know... he's old enough to be my dad. I think I might have to go watch some Magnum reruns...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I love the 'stache on your boy! Too funny. My man does NOT wear a 'stache well...not a fan of it on him. But Tom Sellect? Yes, please and thank you!!

    My daughter used to keep that chappiness most of the winter when she was little. I would cake her lower face with lip balm to no avail. Oy. Luckily, she's 14 and into lip gloss now and has worked through the whole chapped lower face issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had three kids get that chapped nonsense. We have found two things that work. Only one that the kids will use. (Lansinoh for nursing moms grosses them out.) Norwegian hand lotion. Works very well. Within two days it will be all cleared up.

      Delete
    2. at most pharmacy you can buy the same thing as lansinon. It has another name, I know WM carries it behind th ecounter and so did our local grocery/pharmacy. It is also not in a purple package, so they will not know it is breast cream, and MUCH cheaper to buy it used to be less than $2 when the L was around $9. I even think the tube is black.
      sorry to jump into your conversation...
      jen

      Delete
    3. You're always welcome in the conversation. I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Maybe the mustache was worn to divert attention away from the chapped lips. Too bad it (apparently) didn't work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks really good in the mustache. I love it! He's a cute kid. You must have had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that was great! We too have "chapped face" syndrome in this house- perhaps I will get my daughter a fake moustache to hide it! ;) Funny pictures!
    And, I seriously miss Gene Shalit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't heal it, hide it with a funny mustache. Great philosophy! If nothing else, you won't have to look at the chappedness. That dry skin just makes me cringe, thinking how it must hurt.

      Delete
  7. Man, he's a cute kid! And now I'm actually trying to picture Yosemite Sam without a mustache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Can't do it, can you? Because he would look ridiculous!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!