Well, I did a little better this week, getting one non-TToT post in.
Not my best work, but it's what was on my mind at 11:00 that night.
And also on my...well..you know if you read it.
But that poison ivy couldn't put a damper on the many marvelous things that went on this week.
First and foremost, another of my babies graduated from 8th grade. By and large, Catholic schools are K-8, so 8th grade graduation is a Big Deal. Lots of fun things going on to fill up our calendar. I couldn't be happier for Star. He has a great group of friends, and he's maturing into such a good, kind, responsible young man.
|Don't ask me what Cuckoo is doing. Let's just say he lives up to his chicken name.|
2. Do you all remember Mrs. G? At the age of 93, she passed away peacefully and quickly. She had a long, healthy life that she lived to the fullest. While she will be missed, we can't be sad. We are grateful to have known her and are happy for her. She's finally reunited with her beloved husband and all of her siblings.
3. The high schoolers, Cuckoo and I had one day that didn't require us to go anywhere before afternoon pickup. I took advantage of the situation. We cleaned the mud room from top to bottom. We got rid of shoes and coats that no longer fit. We got rid of the flotsam and jetsam that littered the floor and table and every shelf. We scrubbed every surface. It makes me happy to walk in there again.
4. I managed to get to the gym twice this week, thanks to the big kids being home.
5. We had a lovely morning at the park with my Bible study friends. Cuckoo finally got to play with some kids his own age since preschool ended.
6. After several failed attempts, a friend and I were finally able to have breakfast together and get all caught up.
7. The weather has been great for all of the end-of-school-year outdoor activities.
8. I figured out how to check ebooks out of the library using my iPad. I'm reading the first one now. I don't like using it as much as I like my plain Kindle, but...they are free books.
9. We've played lots of board games this week, with a favorite being Telestrations. It's a cross between Pictionary and telephone. Each person starts with a dry erase notebook and writes a word down. Everyone passes his notebook to the person next to him, looks at the word passed to him, and draws it. The notebooks are then passed again, and the players write down a guess as to what the picture is. This keeps going around until the notebook gets back to the original person. Sometimes we actually get around and end with the same word. Usually, though, it goes something like this:
Photo 1: Giant wrote down the word.
2: Cuckoo drew it.
3: I took a guess as to what he drew.
4: Turken drew it.
5: Phoenix wrote down what he thought Turken drew.
It is silly. It is fun. It is sometimes hilarious.
10. SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!! LET THE FUN (AND WORK! (I have a long list of projects for the kids and I to get done this summer. (They are thrilled. (Really. (Ok. They're not. (But I don't care.)))))) BEGIN!!!
11. Bonus: I ALMOST FORGOT!! Eli from Coach Daddy sent an email to me asking me to participate in his Six Words post! Head on over to see how I answered "What would make you smile?" in only 6 words. It's fun to see how differently people answered it.
I interrupt this thankful post to give you a very important message...
Lizzi has a little contest going on. She is looking for ya'll to create a new button for us to use in our TToT posts each week. Make one and add it to this little link right here:
Next weekend, you'll get to vote on which button we should use.
Back to our regularly scheduled post...
Your turn! Tell me. What happened this week for which you are thankful?
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group