Hey, guess who's not at home for the umpteenth weekend in a row? Unfortunately, I'm not at the beach this time. (All explained here.) I am at a volleyball tournament in Columbus, OH. I should have plenty of time to read through your blogs. Can't guarantee I'll be able to comment, seeing as how I'll be reading from my phone, but know that I will be reading. Phoenix has at least 4 matches on Saturday alone, with one hour rest in between. I'll have plenty of time.
So, my thankfuls for the week...
1. Bryan and I did not die in a fiery crash, leaving our children orphans and my mom in a world of hurt.
2. I have finally joined a gym and have started getting myself back in shape. I haven't been in great shape for a while, but the knee trauma really messed me up. It's time to get rid of those extra pounds I put on and start feeling better.
3. Much of my Christmas shopping is done, and I can't wait to see the reaction of some people's faces when they open them.
4. The big kids have done a great job taking charge of the wise men. Giant sent me photos each night to let me know where the little boys would find them.
5. Instagram was wonderful for keeping up with the kids while we were in the Bahamas.
6. I finally, FINALLY figured out the theme for our Christmas card this year. After 9 years, it's getting difficult to come up with something original. One of these years I'm going to have to give it up and just send a postcard that says, "Nothing happened this year".
And that's as far as I got.
I ran out of time on Friday to get this posted, and my iPad wouldn't let me once we got to the hotel.
Volleyball tournaments are exhausting! Even we parents were tired, and we didn't do much of anything besides watch hours and hours of games.
Heard enough excuses yet?
To round out my thankful list...
7. Phoenix and I had fun, despite the exhaustion. He had fun hanging out with his team, and I had fun getting to know the parents. Finally.
8. Our hotel was across the street from the tournament, so I never had to drive or find a parking space all weekend.
9. Everything went well at home while we were gone. The kids had all sorts of fun with Bryan and their friends.
10. Everyone made it back home safe and sound.
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine