1. I am thankful that the internet is working again. I was just about done with my TToT post at 10:00 last night when the internet went down. I went to bed. This morning, the post is gone, which is probably a good thing. I seem to have the same grouchy mood Zoe has, and my post was a bit whiney.
2. We were able to go to the pool for the first time this summer!
(You can see the post with more photos here.)
3. We are gathering lots of green peppers, potatoes, and zucchini from the garden. Before surgery, the kids and I got that garden looking good. We weeded and got more grass clippings down between the rows. Between surgery and vacation, that meant 3 weeks until I was out there again. I almost cried. The green beans are shot. So many beautiful green beans wasted since we weren't here to pick them. The tomato plants have been overrun by morning glories and have all fallen down, cages and all. There are lots of green tomatoes on the plants, but we'll see if they actually ripen well.
4. Soccer season has started. The high school practices have been going all summer, messing with our summer, but this week, club soccer started up. The thankful part is that Star and Giant, who are the only two in club this season, have the exact same practice schedule. Woohoo!
5. Buttercup had freshman orientation on Saturday. Before it started, she, her two best friends, and the moms went out for lunch. It was a lovely way to spend a couple of hours.
6. I've been kind of hiding some bad news from you all. While we were on vacation, the dogs' collars stopped working. Long story short, Roy got into the chicken run, got stuck in there, and all of our chickens died. If we would have been home, it wouldn't have happened. It makes me sick to even think about it. The only thankful I can get from it is that it happened while it is still summertime. We are getting new chicks the week of the 18th, which will give them enough time to grow before winter hits.
7. The knee is healing. I started physical therapy this week and managed to get a really good therapist. She explains the whys and the hows perfectly, so I can properly do the exercises. While it still hurts like the dickens, and I'm walking slower than molasses, I am walking and driving.
8. With the healing of the knee, I'm also able to get back to doing a few things. I've made dinner most days, and I even made some cookies for a soccer event. The problem now is making sure I don't do too much. I am walking the line of feeling lazy and not wanting to do anything because of the pain and stiffness and feeling all I want to get things done!, pushing myself farther than I should. I really don't like that line, but it's better than not having the choice.
9. The high school schedules came out, and Buttercup and Phoenix will be in the same math class. They are actually happy about it. It's a ridiculously hard class, and I'm hoping they will use their different strengths to help each other do well in it. Phoenix is smart as a whip when it comes to math, but his lack of organization kills him. Buttercup, while also very intelligent, has to work a bit harder on the math, but she is highly organized and hard working. Can't wait to see how it goes.
10. It's a beautiful morning, with a lovely sunrise. It will be a nice day to spend outdoors.
How's your week been? I'd love to hear about it! Link up or tell me in the comments.
Last minute thankful addition!!! I'm thankful for fun challenges. I only had 2 minutes to do this one, but I'll spend more time in the future. Lillian is a talented artist who is hosting a stickman challenge. Today's prompt is pets. How could I not make one??
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group