God gave you 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you"?
- William A. Ward
1. I am thankful for JCPenney. Phoenix is going to Homecoming this weekend. (With a girl. I cannot believe this day has come.) Pants to fit the boy are not easy to come by. However, if I can find them, size 20 in the kids' section of JCPenney work beautifully. I scored a pair of black dress pants for him on the clearance rack for $15. Slim shirt in the men's section on sale for $14.99. The salespeople at the store were fantastic, sizing him within seconds, pointing me to the proper shirts, then, when we were looking at some ties, told us we needed to go to the other section with slim ties so Phoenix didn't look like he was wearing a bib. (Yes, that was a run-on sentence. Thank you for asking.) And then!! When I was checking out, the teller scanned a $10 off coupon for me.
2. I am thankful for good, affordable lunches at school. The choices the kids have are great, and the daily hot lunch choices are actually good, and usually quite nutritious. It saves us hours and hours of packing and cleaning lunch boxes. More importantly, it makes my life a great deal easier.
3. I am thankful for our proximity to Indianapolis, which has lots and lots of activities for us to enjoy. This week, the little boys were thrilled to take a trip to the zoo with some friends.
|Under the dolphin pavilion where the dolphin shows are held is an underwater viewing area. It's mesmerizing.
|The dolphins were extra feisty that day.
4. I am thankful for soccer schedules which make my life as easy as possible. We have 5 kids playing soccer, and the schedules could be extremely grueling on the weekends. This year, karma was nice to us. We have had so many kids' games and locations match up, the season really has been the easiest one yet. Giant and Star are in a local tournament this weekend, and the four Saturday games lined up perfectly. I got to see all four with very little wait time in between. Since I didn't have any other kids with me, I could get some rare photos. (Star took the ones of Giant.)
|Giant takes a corner kick.
|He was soooo close to making this bicycle kick goal.
|This happens too often. Kids run in to block one of his kicks, and BOOM! This one wasn't so bad. The boy hardly flinched.
But did get to play the field a bit.
|This photo cracks me up. After a corner kick, Star went up to head it into the goal while six of his opponents stood and watched. (The ball didn't go in. So close.)
5. I am thankful for organized children. I have three children who are fantastic about keeping up and ahead of schoolwork. They are thorough and detail oriented and forward-thinking. I am thankful, because we have one child who is not, and just one of them is about to kill us. If the other three were like him, I'd seriously have to question my parenting ability.
6. I am thankful for the perfect weather we've had this week. I know, there's nothing more boring than small talk about the weather. But, OH, the weather!! Perfectly perfect in every way. Call me boring.
7. I am thankful for COW. It was his birthday on Friday, so he brought flowers home for me!
He's 42 now, and just as smart and funny and thoughtful as he was when I met him at the age of 16.
And he's managed to stay buff after all these years.
8. I am thankful for the end of pig season. The little piggies went to the butcher this week, and I couldn't be happier. The stress of keeping them alive and in their pen was taking it's toll.
9. I am thankful for the folks who purchase the meat from our pigs. If no one wanted the meat, we wouldn't be able to raise them. We can't just have one pig, and we can't eat more than one in a year.
10. I am so thankful for my fun, creative readers who participated in the poem contest the last couple of days. If you missed it, you must go to the post to read the hilarious poems everyone came up with. Puts mine to shame, to say the least.
Plus, the contest is still open!! Please feel free to add your own. I'd love it!
It's your turn! How many of those 86,400 seconds can you spend on saying "thank you"?
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine