I know you are a bit confused right about now.
"Wait a minute! I don't remember sleeping in and relaxing and getting yard work done and all those other things I do on the weekend! But it must be Sunday night because Christine's thankful post is up."
You didn't sleep through the weekend.
I simply got my act together and got this sucker written on Friday.
No one is more surprised than me.
On to the thankfuls!!
1. I may not be able to get an entire post written in a week, but I can write 6 words! Just ask Eli from Coach Daddy. Each month he assigns a prompt and folks respond using only 6 words. This month, in celebration (or maybe in defiance?) of Money Smart week, he asked us about a time we weren't exactly smart with our money, and I actually got my answer in on time! (You'll have to go to his post to see what my answer was.)
2. I managed to get most of the mowing done tonight before the rain moves in.
3. I also managed to get some flowers planted around the house.
4. The middle school performed the musical this week, and it was as awesome as always. Each year I'm astounded yet again by the talent mere 12, 13, and 14 year olds possess. But also, I'm thrilled that musical practices are over. The last two weeks before show time are killer.
5. My mom was able to come up for several days this week. She came up for the musical, but ended up seeing a baseball game, too. She and I had a couple of lovely days by ourselves while the kids were at school.
6. Turken's First Holy Communion is next week, and we have a suit! He is apparently much smaller than any of the older boys were in second grade, so I had to buy one. BUT THEN a friend of mine said she had a size 8 suit that her son wore for his First Communion and said we could have it. He tried it on, and it fits! The one I bought will be going back to the store.
7. The gigantic, 150-year old, dead trees at the end of our driveway (that were threatening to fall and crush an innocent passerby) are gone, and it didn't cost me thousands of dollars. While it was costly, from what I hear about tree removal, it was a great price. It took them 8 hours, but the job is done and done well. The only sign that trees were ever there are the two patches of empty earth.
8. My family goes with the flow when dinner turns out to be way less than it was supposed to be. Like tonight. I was making 2 pot pies, but after getting the filling into the crusts, I realized I didn't actually buy two boxes. I didn't have any crust to put on the tops of them. I didn't have time to make crusts, so I went out on a limb and popped open some (expired) Pillsbury biscuits in the back of the fridge. I flattened them out and plopped them on top.
If the biscuits wouldn't have burned, it might have worked.
The kids who "don't like it" (I think it must be a superpower that my kids know without ever tasting something that they don't like it. (That was sarcasm.)) didn't complain any more than usual, and the kids who do like pot pie ate it without much ado.
9. Buttercup is racking up the driving hours. I'm getting greedy. I'm used to Phoenix driving, and while it is super handy, I could really use another driver in this house. She should be able to get hers by the end of June.
10. I'm thankful for Bryan. For more reasons than I can count.
How is your week going? I'd love for you to leave a comment or join in the link up!
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine