from every happening again. (You can read about that sad, sad photo here.)
It's a big weekend!
1. I get to see my friend (and recent addition to the TToT), Donna, while I'm in Ohio. She has lots of plants that need to be broken up, and I have a need for lots of plants for our new landscape. I see it as the perfect excuse to get together with her for a visit!
2. My dad's annual bash will be extra big. People that don't usually come or have never been before will be joining us. We'll have a great time, no doubt. Just cross your fingers that the weather rethinks it position of giving us a chilly, rainy summer.
3. My newest niece will be getting baptized this weekend, and Phoenix and Buttercup will be her Godparents. It's pretty much guaranteed I'll be crying.
4. And THEN, Bryan's extended family is having a to-do in order to say goodbye to his aunt who is moving to South Carolina. We haven't seen them much since his grandpa died, so it will be nice to catch up with everyone in person.
I was thankful for things that happened before this weekend, too...
5. PHOENIX IS A LICENSED DRIVER!!! Woohoo! I no longer have to drive to the high school to drop kids off for 6:00 practice. I can actually stay home and make dinner at a normal hour. This is going to be a life changer for all of us.
|He pumps gas, too!|
6. There is an unexpected bonus of Phoenix being a driver I did not foresee. The other kids no longer ask me to take them places. At least 5 times today, I heard someone ask Phoenix something along the lines of, "Hey, why don't you take us to go get ice cream?" It's his own fault. 4 hours after he got the license, he took Star and Giant to a movie.
7. We still have a cat. Actually, we may have a (NEW WORD ALERT!) clowder. There is a white and black cat hanging out with ours, but so far it won't come up to us. The boys said they saw a third cat sneaking around, too. Anyone want to place bets as to how long it will be before there are kittens running around?
|The cat enjoys the attention way more than his facial expression implies.|
8. The couple who watches the animals when we go out of town also work with an organization that will spay and neuter cats for free. While we're in Ohio, they are going to take our cat.
9. I've managed to get all the produce canned before we left. Grand total: 35 quarts of green beans, 9 quarts of pickles. Now I just need to get the zucchini shredded and frozen.
10. I am so thankful for the comments I received on Monday's post. I was a bit nervous making my thoughts public (and I only got more so when people kept telling me I was brave for posting it!), but people could not have been nicer. Phew. Don't expect another controversial post from me again anytime soon, though.
Note: I wrote this on Thursday, seeing as how we were leaving on Friday morning. I just waited to post it until we were on our way back home. (Don't want to give any potential burglars a heads-up.) Which means I don't have the code for the link-up. The link up with the cool, new button.
You can head on over to Lizzi's to link up. OR you can join the TToT Facebook group in order to never have to count on me to get this list posted on time.
Have a lovely day!