from every happening again. (You can read about that sad, sad photo here.)
It's a big weekend!
1. I get to see my friend (and recent addition to the TToT), Donna, while I'm in Ohio. She has lots of plants that need to be broken up, and I have a need for lots of plants for our new landscape. I see it as the perfect excuse to get together with her for a visit!
2. My dad's annual bash will be extra big. People that don't usually come or have never been before will be joining us. We'll have a great time, no doubt. Just cross your fingers that the weather rethinks it position of giving us a chilly, rainy summer.
3. My newest niece will be getting baptized this weekend, and Phoenix and Buttercup will be her Godparents. It's pretty much guaranteed I'll be crying.
4. And THEN, Bryan's extended family is having a to-do in order to say goodbye to his aunt who is moving to South Carolina. We haven't seen them much since his grandpa died, so it will be nice to catch up with everyone in person.
I was thankful for things that happened before this weekend, too...
5. PHOENIX IS A LICENSED DRIVER!!! Woohoo! I no longer have to drive to the high school to drop kids off for 6:00 practice. I can actually stay home and make dinner at a normal hour. This is going to be a life changer for all of us.
|He pumps gas, too!|
6. There is an unexpected bonus of Phoenix being a driver I did not foresee. The other kids no longer ask me to take them places. At least 5 times today, I heard someone ask Phoenix something along the lines of, "Hey, why don't you take us to go get ice cream?" It's his own fault. 4 hours after he got the license, he took Star and Giant to a movie.
7. We still have a cat. Actually, we may have a (NEW WORD ALERT!) clowder. There is a white and black cat hanging out with ours, but so far it won't come up to us. The boys said they saw a third cat sneaking around, too. Anyone want to place bets as to how long it will be before there are kittens running around?
|The cat enjoys the attention way more than his facial expression implies.|
8. The couple who watches the animals when we go out of town also work with an organization that will spay and neuter cats for free. While we're in Ohio, they are going to take our cat.
9. I've managed to get all the produce canned before we left. Grand total: 35 quarts of green beans, 9 quarts of pickles. Now I just need to get the zucchini shredded and frozen.
10. I am so thankful for the comments I received on Monday's post. I was a bit nervous making my thoughts public (and I only got more so when people kept telling me I was brave for posting it!), but people could not have been nicer. Phew. Don't expect another controversial post from me again anytime soon, though.
Note: I wrote this on Thursday, seeing as how we were leaving on Friday morning. I just waited to post it until we were on our way back home. (Don't want to give any potential burglars a heads-up.) Which means I don't have the code for the link-up. The link up with the cool, new button.
You can head on over to Lizzi's to link up. OR you can join the TToT Facebook group in order to never have to count on me to get this list posted on time.
Have a lovely day!
I remember that 4th of July bash that only had your dad. I'm glad you'll never let that happen again. Good for you.ReplyDelete
I'm glad your son has his license. That rocks and is going to make your life so much easier.
Have a fabulous day. ☺
I don't think anyone who has seen it will ever forget that photo. It was guilt at its finest!Delete
So much easier. He will be driving to practice himself tonight, so I get to stay home and make dinner. I'm so excited!
Wow! You are all keeping busy this summer! I hope your Dad's 4th of July party was an amazing success! How blessed he is to have kids that realize it's important to him!ReplyDelete
The party was a success, as always. It was a different crowd this year, but just as much fun.Delete
Sounds like a fun weekend! I have to say that I'm jealous that you get to visit Donna; she's pretty awesome!ReplyDelete
It was a fun, full weekend. Donna is even more awesome in person. And her husband and dog are quite wonderful, too. :)Delete
I hope you had a terrific time, and am glad that you can retire (or at least semi-retire) your taxi-driver hat. Good job with the produce, and with your controversial post.ReplyDelete
We did! Phoenix will be driving himself to practice tonight, and I can't be more excited about it.Delete
That's a whole lot of canning!ReplyDelete
Your dad has mastered the art of guilt tripping! I followed the link, because I just had to know the rest of the story.
It is a lot. That rain is helping everything to grow like crazy! I've got more to do from the things that grew over the weekend.Delete
He certainly is. If we don't call him often enough, he will call and leave a message that says, "Just calling to let you know I'm still alive. I'm guessing (my stepmom) will call if anything happens to me, but I can't guarantee it. Anyway, just thought you'd want to know." He is a pro. :)
I continue to love hearing about your canning...I swear I'm going to get my aunt to show me one of these days. Those beans look awesome. I love beans. Great photo, too!ReplyDelete
#3 is exciting! Prayers and good wishes to all of you!
Oh, Lisa! You should be canning! It is easy, but some things can be time consuming. Of course, you won't be needing to can as much as we do, so it won't take quite so much time.Delete
#7 excellent! a new word and….and! it's actually in the dictionary!*ReplyDelete
#6 the fun of every part of driving when (we) first get our license… especially for us citizens of Y Chromia, there is nothing not cool about driving
have a good, (I won't say interesting, as that would be, like, totally redundant) week ahead
*well, sure some of us like words so much that we're happy to make them up...
It is in the dictionary!Delete
He was very reluctant to start driving (I made him.), but now that he can, he is loving the freedom it gives him, even if he doesn't use it every day.
Nothing wrong with making up your own word every now and again.
GOOD WORD! I love a new word! I just dont see me canning this summer... cant seem to get it together! Oh well...it happens I suppose. But there is a ton of time on the garden still ... we havent picked anything yet.... so who knows... and the berries are just starting to come in.... so.......Have a good week....congrats to Phoenix! and how cool is the Godparent thing? I love being a Godparent so that is wonderful! Congratulations to everyone on that one~!ReplyDelete
Thanks! I looked up "what is a bunch of cats called", since the word "colony" left my brain, and this one popped up. WAY better!Delete
I think we got our garden started pretty early, because no one has nearly as much picked and preserved as us. I hope you feel better and up for some canning before everything comes in.
I love being a Godparent, too. Kind of annoyed she didn't ask me... :)
Well done to Phoenix for getting his license - and I just love that cat, he's gorgeous. Does he have a name?ReplyDelete
I'll pass it on!Delete
Well, the kids have different names for him. Kitty and Mr. Tickles seem to be the front-runners, but really, I just say, "the cat". :)
Cool new button. ergh. I really do need to get my act together for next weekend!ReplyDelete
So glad you were all set to have a lovely time, and I loved seeing the pics of your niece's christening. And YAAAAAAY to Phoenix being able to help out with driving and ferrying around. That's awesome. You won't know yourself.
That picture of your dad always makes me smile! He was soooo pathetic! Poor guy! Glad you didn't diss him this year.ReplyDelete
I TOLD you you would love having another driver in the house!
Does Kitty have a name yet? Kitty #1, I should say, since #2 and #3 are lurking about, too.
I love fresh green beans! Especially when they're cooked low and slow with some ham and new potatoes.I also like them roasted with onions, garlic and potatoes. I just like green beans!
Having a child that can drive is definitely a game changer!!ReplyDelete
Hope you are having a great week!
B-U-S-Y! Wow, I'm tired just reading about your week lolReplyDelete
Thanks for the new word! I once had 2 cats and never had an inkling about that word! Memory tells me though, you weren't exactly looking to add feline(s) to the menagerie :D
Canning on a major scale. Must be time consuming but boy, what a cool thing. I'd love to have a huge garden one day. (Before I'm too old to work it!)