Thursday, June 11, 2015

Soooo, My Kids Don't Know Me Nearly as Well as They Should

All the cool moms did it.

DyanneSarah, and Kenya did it, too.

Quiz my kids so they can point out my failures and prove that they don't know me at all? I'm in.

Note: Only four kids answered the questions. Phoenix was sleeping and Star was not interested in participating. These things are not surprising.

Another note: The kids were asked these questions while the others were out of the room. They did not hear each other's answers until we were completely done.

1. What is something I always say to you?

Buttercup: "How would you feel if.." or "Is that the kind of person you want to be?"

Giant: Eat a fruit.
Turken: Eat your food.
Cuckoo: Clean.

2. What makes me happy?

B: Being alone.
G: a clean house
T: when we be kind
C: I don't know.

3. What makes me sad?

B: My kids doing things and proving that they are growing up, like doing the live stations of the cross.
G: towels not getting hung up
T: When we do something without asking you first
C: When I go to kindergarten. When you're alone.

4. How do I make you laugh?

B: You make me laugh?
G: You tickle me.
T: You tell a joke.
C: I don't know.

5. What was I like as a child?

B: I don't know. I'm guessing a tomboy. OH! And you had ugly clothes.
G: the bossy one
T: I don't know.
C: I don't know.

6. How old am I?

B: Forty....um...45?
G: 43
T: 43
C:43

7. How tall am I?

B: 5'7"
G: 5'7 1/2"
T: 5'8"
C: I don't know. Can I weigh you?

8. What is my favorite thing to do?

B: Read. Weed.
G: Blog.
T: Weed.
C: Play games with us.

9. What do I do when you aren't around?

B: You're never without kids.
G: Blog.
T: Do chores.
C: Pay checks. Is that right?

10. If I become famous, what will it be for?

B: your blog, although I don't know if it's fame material.
G:
T: For being on TV
C: I don't know what that means.

11. What am I really good at?

B: Cleaning, cooking, nagging.
G: weeding
T: blogging
C: You ran and didn't know you won.*

12. What am I not very good at?

B: Playing soccer
G: Picking a channel to watch
T: Playing soccer
C: Basketball

13. What do I do for a job?

B: stay at home mom
G: Nothing.
T: Help your kids.
C: Watch us.

14. What is my favorite food?

B: mushrooms...peppers...anything gross...NOT sweet potatoes or peas.
G: (It's totally peas. he said with a grin) Eggs.
T: Mac and cheese?
C: potatoes

15. What makes you proud of me?

B: When you unclog a toilet.
G: You know everybody.
T: When you make my food. I really like food.
C:

16. If I were a character, who would I be?

B: I don't know.
G: Mrs. Everdeen
T: Squidward
C: If you were small, Piglet.

17. What do you and I do together?

B: shopping, watch Downton Abbey
G: Drive and talk.
T: Ride in the car.
C: Play games when everyone is at school.

18. How are you and I the same?

B: We're both stubborn.
G: We have blue eyes.
T: We're both people.
C: Blue eyes.

19. How are you and I different?

B: You're older, and I'm younger.
G: I'm more athletic.
T: You're a girl. I'm a boy.
C: We don't have the same hair or teeth.

20: How do you know I love you?

B: You say it.
G: Because you say so.
T: You take me places.
C: I don't know.

21. Where is my favorite place to go?

B: to bed
G: You don't go many places you like to go...the Train concert
T: to bed
C: a restaurant with Dad

22. How old was I when you were born?

B: Well, I NOW know you're 43...28?
G: 30 or 31
T: 43 minus 7...36!
C: 34?

Well, that was fun. Kinda.

Dare you to quiz your kids!

*The last paper Turken wrote for school this year was about me winning the state meet in high school. He had to interview me, and Cuckoo had listened in. Guess that was the last time I was good at anything as far as he is concerned. :)

Have a lovely day!

23 comments:

  1. I definitely need to do that with the girls!!! Calvin's answers would most likely be "mamamamama", "dadadadada" or feeping to get away :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It was funny to see some of the things they actually thought. Yes, Calvin might be a wee bit too young yet. :)

      Delete
  2. You obviously have done a fabulous job parenting because your kids are proud of you for unclogging the toilet! That speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of my favorite answers. I didn't know she was aware I possessed that talent. :)

      Delete
  3. Your kids' answers are SO VERY MUCH like MY kids' answers, only maybe a little less smart ass from your kids. That Buttercup. She's a peach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little less. The kids I questioned aren't as old as yours. :)

      She certainly is.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I really want to do this. And now I feel like I know even less about you than before we started, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It is fun to see what's going on in their heads.

      Hahaha! Very true. :)

      Delete
  5. oh C... going to kindergarten that will make you sad! he is right!
    and your favorite food is NOT PUMPKIN but i would say your favorite cookie is snickerdoodle.
    your kids are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No joke. I will be bawling come August.
      Not pumpkin, for sure. I do love a snickerdoodle. When it was over, I asked them, "How is it that not one of you said M&Ms or ice cream or chocolate cake???"

      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  6. yeesh I thought I left a comment.... but maybe not... maybe I just thought one up when I was on the android... hmmmm let me think.... I cant recall what bit of genius it was! LOL! Anyway... my fav. answers were : "You make me laugh?" and "OH! and you had ugly clothes!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, seems you aren't the only one affected by the comment-eating monster. What is going on??

      Yeah. Buttercup thinks she's soooo funny. :)

      Delete
  7. I love this. I really love this. I remember when my son was in grade school one of the things the teacher asked the kids was how their moms cooked something. He picked my fried chicken (we did that back then). His perception was way funny.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Our preschool teachers have the kids pick a favorite food their moms make, then dictate the "recipe". Some of their answers are hilarious. I'm guessing fried chicken had to be funny.

      Delete
  8. OHMIGOSH they're precious. I love their answers. Buttercup's a snark;y li'l one, right? And I think Turken's answers were adorable, but I LOVED Cuckoo asking if he could weigh you to find out your height... *grinning* I'm so glad you did this. GO KIDS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly can be! :)

      Cuckoo was trying to be so serious and really come up with the "right" answer. It took forever to quiz him! I about busted a gut trying not to fall over laughing when he asked to weigh me.

      Delete
  9. Ugh, I commented earlier, and it went away so now I am back.
    Seriously, kids, WEEDING?!?!?! MRS. EVERDEEN, that useless lump?!?!?!
    This confirms that this is a better quiz for older children. That Buttercup's got some sass, hasn't she? And excellent mental math skills in your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is going on?!!? So many people having trouble!

      No joke. I did maybe mention to someone that I find weeding to be addictive. And I do weed the garden a lot. It's so peaceful.

      I know! Mrs. Everdeen??? That better have been a joke.

      She does.

      Math skills run in the family, including my siblings. :)

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the 4th time I've tried to leave a comment. I hate technology! Anyhoo..this is so funny! Kids' perspectives are so different. It cracks me up that they think we do nothing when they are not around!! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you're having such trouble. You aren't the only one, and I don't know why! Thanks for sticking with it, though.

      Since the kids were little, I've wondered what they would remember about their childhoods. I guess this is a glimpse. Not looking good for me. :)

      Delete
  12. " If you were small, Piglet" made LAUGH OUT LOUD. I giggled at all the "I don't knows". I caught Christopher at bedtime when he wants to keep talking otherwise I would have got some of those too. Sweet you have someone to watch Downton Abbey with. My mom and I try to text each other while we watch it if we can manage to stay up. Otherwise we get on the phone and talk about it once we've both watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As much as I enjoyed reading your kids' answers...nope....not gonna do it. No way Jose. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!