I do not like pumpkin.
I will not eat it in a pie. I will not try it in the sky. I would not, could not in a latte. I could not, would not...
Did you know that orange is not the only word that doesn't have a rhyme. According to RhymeZone, three words rhyme with latte, but those three words don't have any known definitions. So...
I would not, could not in a latte. I could not, would not in a muffin.
I do not like it here or there. I do not like it in a cake.
I do not like it in my tea. But that could be because tea is gross.
You know what else I don't like?
Fall. If Fall was a full season like summer, I'd be happy. True Fall means pretty leaves and perfect temperatures. However, here in Indiana, True Fall lasts all of about a week.
Fall is not fun when it only lasts a week. Know why? Because winter comes after fall. I really, really hate winter.
But, I'm not one to dwell on the things I hate. Today, we're going to focus on the good things about fall besides the leaves. Hate is just a waste of time.
1. In the fall, I am relaxed. I don't have to worry 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, that the next time I walk out the door I will find either an escaped or dead pig in my yard.
2. In the fall, I get to wear clothes I haven't seen for months and months. It's almost like I went shopping for a bunch of holey, stained clothes that I get to start wearing instead of the holey, stained shorts I've been wearing all summer.
3. In the fall, grass stops growing. I no longer have to explain to everyone who stops by why my yard is splotchy and some of those splotches are a foot high.
4. In the fall, my kids don't play soccer. Instead of sitting on the sidelines, outside, during unpredictable weather, I get to sit in warm, dry gyms with predictably hard bleachers.
5. In the fall, I only wear closed-toe shoes. My toenails can go au naturale.
6. In the fall, so can my legs. I already have a good start on my "winter coat".
7. In the fall, perspective changes. Normally, in July, 55 degrees is worthy of warm PJs and a day inside. But come late October, on a 55 degree day, we're out in shorts, celebrating the gift of a gorgeous day.
8. In the fall, there is no sun past 5:30 pm. Sure, it's depressing, but kids fall asleep so much faster when it is pitch black dark at bedtime. And, AND, they sleep in a bit longer, since the sun doesn't feel it is necessary to make an appearance before 7:00. Even if the kids do wake up early, because, you know, that blasted time change messed everyone up, you can send them back to bed with a "you can get up when the sun does!"
9. In the fall, one shower per day is more than enough. Shivering under three blankets doesn't burn many calories, let alone make a person sweat.
10. In the fall, each day is an adventure. In the morning it's possible to leave the house wearing a light jacket, but by the drive home from school, a full-on coat, mittens, hats, and boots are necessary to survive the walk from the van to the house, seeing as how a blizzard blew in from Canada. Adventure is fun!
See? Fall isn't so bad.
No need to be a hater.
This post was inspired by my irritation with the weather and the Tuesday Ten linkup, where the theme today is "Things We Love About Fall". Love might be a strong word.
Have a lovely day!