This week's Monday Listicles topic is a fun one. (But aren't they all?) Today, we are to discuss 10 Movie Quotes. Or Movie Scenes. Or Movie Something. I'm a bit hesitant to link this week, not because I don't have anything to say, but because I'm worried you will now think less of me. I know how much you appreciate my mature, intelligent posts. This one is going to show you what an immature nerd I really am.
10 Movie Lines I Quote on a Regular Basis
10. "This is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy." Clark Griswald, National Lampoon's Vacation. Every time I find myself having to do something ridiculous. Like hiking a river bed with five boys.
9. "ESPN The Ocho" the announcer in Dodgeball. Whenever Hubby or the boys are watching some ESPN spin-off channel, I start with the Ocho. If you are a fan of Jason Bateman, you need to watch this movie. Hilarious.
8. "Surely you can't be serious." Ted Striker, then "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley." Rumack, from Airplane. My mom and I say this, each with our own part, just about every time we talk on the phone.
7. (singing. Always while singing) "What do you do with a problem like Maria?" Reverend Mother from Sound of Music. (Finally a mature movie) I sing this every time a child is having a bad day. Or hour.
6. "Dear Lord baby Jesus..." Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights. This movie made me laugh so hard. And the scene around the dinner table, praying to baby Jesus made me pee my pants. Whenever I say a prayer to myself to help me through a difficult moment, I always start with this.
5. "Look kids, Big Ben." Clark Griswald in National Lampoon's European Vacation. It seems we Americans are jumping on the European bandwagon and putting in roundabouts instead of four-way stops. Every. Single. Time. we go around a roundabout, I say it. My poor children, who haven't seen the movie, have no idea why I say it.
4. "Talk to me, Goose." Meverick in Top Gun. When I want someone to talk to me. Duh.
3. "Merely a flesh wound." Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Every single time somone in my house gets a scrape or cut that bleeds. Every single time.
I could have done the entire list from one movie. I, as well as most of my extended family, knows every line of The Jerk starring Steve Martin. I can't narrow down to two quotes, so here is a quick list of quotes I use all the time. Or at least think in my head in proper situations.
"I was born a poor, black child."
"Stay away from the cans!"
"That's all I need. This chair and this thermos...That's all I need...and this ashtray"
"I have a special purpose!"
"The first day seemed like two... The third day was just a day."
"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here! I'm somebody now!"
(singing) "I'm picking out a Thermos for you, not and ordinary Thermos will do, but the very best Thermos I can find..."
"Take a chance and win some crap!"
"I don't wanna puke!"
OK, enough. Just watch the movie. Not with me, though. I'll annoy the tar out of you, laughing and quoting before every line.
You can tell alot about a person from the type of movies she quotes. I hope you can still be my friend.
Have a lovely day!
Update: Oh my word, I am reading other people's lists and I am rolling over the quotes I forgot to add.
"You're killing me, Smalls"
"One time, at band camp..."
"Build it and they will come."
Run, Forrest, run!"
So many more.
Get on over to Stasha's and get to reading. You will be amazed at how much of your daily conversations come from movies.