1. We are getting 12-15 eggs per day out of the chickens, and we have enough customers to buy them thanks to the lovely ladies in my new Bible study.
2. I'm ready for Lent. One thing I did was sign up for an eight week Bible study. The youngest woman there has kids my age. It's quite the nice balance to my days with the moms with first graders who are all at least 10 years younger than me.
3. Beside the Bible study, I've joined up with Dynamic Catholic to do their Best Lent Ever series. I have used materials from them before (most recently, their Confirmation preparation) and have nothing but good things to say about them.
4. The high schoolers are involved in the Mock Trial team. Who knew the Mock Trial team could take so much time? If you did, why didn't you warn us?!?! The finale is this weekend, so we can switch this item from their to-do list to their never-do-this-again list.
5. Phoenix also had volleyball tryouts for the high school this week. I heard from a few people that he did very well, but we won't know until Monday how it will all shake out. I'm just glad he is taking full advantage of the opportunities to try new things throughout high school.
6. My grandma's house sold. It took less than a week. Grandma can now completely relax, as that was the only worry she still had.
7. Grandma is doing well in the independent living facility. I talked to her earlier this week, and she was having some fun. And she figured out how to work the modern washing machine. All is well with her. The rest of the family, on the other hand, is now in an all-out hurry to get the house cleaned out in the next couple of weeks.
8. The preschool Valentine's Day party, of which I was in charge, went well. The kids had fun and I didn't leave with a headache.
9. Did you see Cuckoo's and Turken's Valentine cards on Instagram? They were the best ones we've ever made. I'm so glad I tucked the idea in my brain when I saw it last year and was actually able to retrieve it when I needed it this year.
10. CVS had a special running on printing photos and I took advantage. I not only printed them, but organized them in the appropriate albums, too. Go me. If it were July of 2012, I'd be all caught up!
Did you notice that I kind of flew through this post? It's because I'm working on quite the post for tomorrow. I'm joining up with some other lovely women who are celebrating Valentine's Day by posting about things we've learned in our years of marriage. Since I've been married 20 years, this sucker is taking a while. You're welcome to join us if you'd like!
So, how has your week gone? What made you say thank you?
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group