Things are about to get real up on this farm.
We've had a nice little break from animal chores this winter, but the days of lazin' around are over.
In honor of the pigs, and because Q is a stupid letter that has very few words to use, I've decided to quiz you all. I've mentioned pigs on this here blog several times over the years. How much have you learned?
Don't worry. It's an open-blog quiz.
1. Pigs are pink.
c. All of the above
d. children - I'm not going to put a link. Just about every post will help you.
3. Pigs are social creatures, preferring to be in a group, especially when taunting the dogs.
|Behind the safety of an electric fence and an actual fence, the pigs enjoy testing the dogs' collars.|
4. Why do farmers castrate their male pigs?
a. The male hogs get too aggressive otherwise.
b. The meat will not taste right otherwise.
c. The farmer's wife has enough testosterone running around.
5. When should one tell her children about castration?
a. When they ask if the pig is a boy or girl.
b. At the same time they learn about the birds and the bees.
c. Don't bother. They will learn about it at school.
6. Which of the following can a pig NOT do?
a. Run faster than a toddler.
b. Sit on his hind-end.
c. Lie on his back.
d. Lift a gate off its hinges in order to escape.
|Gotta say, this is the first time I have ever seen a pig sit like this.|
7. How long do we keep the pigs?
a. Until a coyote kills them.
b. Until they are big enough to ride.
c. Until I get tired of feeding them.
8. How do the kids feel about the pigs going to the butcher?
a. Happy, as they get to go to school late one day and take a task off the chore list.
b. Sad, as they were good friends with the pigs.
c. Indifferent, as they didn't pay attention to them anyway.
d. Confused, wondering, "What's a butcher?"
9. How do we get the pigs to the butcher?
a. We don't. The butcher comes here.
b. With blood, sweat, tears, cussing, and a big fence.
c. We hire someone.
d. They walk willingly onto the trailer.
10. Now that we are comfortable raising pigs, why don't we try raising cattle?
a. They are more work.
b. We don't have the room.
c. Hubby's afraid of them.
d. If one dies, we don't have anything big enough to tow it out to the field.
11. The first line of this post is a botched quote from the movie ______________.
******** Answers ***********
(Oh, how I wish I could do this upside down so I could then take a poll to see how many of you turned your laptop upside down to read it.)
2. dogs, children, pigs, chickens
8. Big kids, a; little kids, d
9. b Of course.
11. The Jerk
If you answered 0-3 questions correctly, you have a lot of reading to do. Don't talk to me until you are done.
If you answered 4-7 questions correctly, I shall consider you an acquaintance.
If you answered 8-10 questions correctly, you have attained BBF (Best Blog Follower) status.
If you answered 11 questions correctly, Hi Dad.
Have a lovely day!