Jumping right in...
1. Thank you to the folks who wrote/text/called to see if I was OK. Missing last week's thankful list without notice had people wondering. Absolutely nothing bad happened. Just lots and lots of life going on, leaving me without the time to write a post.
2. Thank you to the lovely lady who took the time to write the sweetest email, letting me know she found my blog and has enjoyed going through the posts.
3. I'm thankful for the principal and teachers and staff at our kids' schools that have helped Bryan and me raise our kids. As usual, I was tearing up at the all-school Mass last week, but I cried even worse, since it was Catholic Schools Week. Four alumni are asked to come back to the elementary/middle school (one from each grade in high school) to give a talk. Buttercup was one of the kids this year. She did a bang up job.
4. I'm thankful to Star who helped me make dozens and dozens of cookies last weekend. There is a group of elderly folks at church who get together to play cards every once in a while, and we made the cookies for this month's gathering. I would have been in serious trouble time-wise without his help.
5. I'm thankful that my book club was able to get together on Friday night. We are a group of vastly different people, but it works.
6. I'm thankful that I was able to attend a Euchre tournament last Saturday. Bryan was working all weekend, so I asked my friend Kris (some of you may remember her as Mrs. Always Random) to go with me. We had a great time and we raised a good chunk of money for a 7th grader to take to the Romanian orphanage where she will be working this summer.
7. I'm thankful for the vomit-free Super Bowl viewing. It's the one night each year Bryan and the kids buy and eat all sorts of boxed, processed crap to eat. I did manage to get some healthy things in them (by making deviled eggs, chocolate covered strawberries, and apples with caramel dip), too. Best part, though, is that all but two of the kids finally realized that the tradition of squirting canned Cheeze-whiz in their mouths when a team scores a touchdown is disgusting.
8. I discovered some seriously hard classes at the gym. I went to one on Monday, and parts of me are still sore on Friday. I'll now be going every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday that I'm able.
9. For Christmas, Bryan got me a Roomba. (It's a robot vacuum cleaner. (We don't need to talk about if this is a good gift for a husband to give. Just read this post about bad gifts he's given in the past. The poor guy is trying really, really hard to come up with thoughtful gifts.)) I didn't think I'd like it. And while it isn't the most efficient machine in the world, and I do have to use my standing vacuum to get some corners and hidden nooks, I love that I can be scrubbing the kitchen floor (or sitting on my butt reading a book) while the rest of the house gets vacuumed.
10. Saturday morning, Bryan and I are heading out for a weekend on our own. Yup, my mom is coming to stay with the kids, so Bryan and I can have a couple of days to ourselves. Sure, we're just going downtown, basically across the street from Bryan's office, but we're going. I'm so thankful my mom is willing and able to take care of things and that the kids love it when she comes to visit.
How have your last two weeks been? What has happened to make you want to yell, "Thank you!"
Link 'em up!
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful