With all my extra non-writing time, I've been able to appreciate some thankfuls this week.
1. With the need to be all advice-giving during the challenge, I was beginning to have laughter withdrawals, wondering if I was ever going to be able to get my funny back. Those who follow (and get notifications, it seems) my Facebook page know that it came back to me in spades soon after I dropped from the challenge. I still laugh when I read this post.
Sure, I'm laughing in horror, because every word is 100% truth, but I'm still laughing.
2. I'm thankful that my days of participating in sports which require me playing in all sorts of miserable weather is over. While my kids suffer through, I can watch from my cocoon made of a coat, blanket, and umbrella...
|poor, poor Star|
or if I'm really lucky, from inside my car.
|Don't be fooled. It was frigid out there. 50 degrees with a wind chill of -120.|
4. I'm thankful for Benadryl. My eyes have been itching like crazy, and I'm afraid they are going to start swelling. (I have some unknown allergy that pops up out of nowhere every once in a while.) I've been keeping a constant flow of antihistamine flowing through my veins, and so far it's been taking taking the itch and swelling at bay.
5. I am thankful that my mom got to come for a visit this weekend to see the play, watch Phoenix's volleyball tournament, and go to the high school's fundraising dinner with me.
6. I am thankful for the fabulous coaches my kids have this year. They are learning a lot and having a blast doing it.
7. I am thankful for Cuckoo's sense of style. Guess what the weather was the day this photo was taken.
8. I am thankful for Cuckoo's recent desire and ability to take on more chores. He is finally tall enough to reach the lock on the door into the chicken coop, so he can let them out in the morning without my assistance. He collects eggs, waters the dogs, feeds the chickens and dogs. This has been especially helpful this week, since the big kids haven't come home after school a single day this week.
9. I am thankful to have learned from my kids (when they are little) to appreciate the smallest, prettiest things, like rain drops on blades of grass.
10. I am thankful that my grandma is doing so well at the independent living facility. All of her worries are gone. Her blood pressure is the lowest it's been in years. It's also giving her the confidence to do things she's wanted to do, but has been afraid to. Next month, my 90 year old grandma is flying by herself to visit my aunt in South Carolina. I could not be happier for her.
OK, time for me to go to bed and catch up on all the sleep I've missed this week.
What happened in your life this week to make you appreciate the life you've been given?
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group