Just a typical, so much to do, Who is hurt NOW? kind of a week.
1. Do you remember where you were when someone you were with got his hand caught in a slammed door? I remember every single time it has happened in my presence. Well, we added another one this week. On Tuesday, loading up to go to school, Bryan didn't know that Turken's hand was in the way of his closing door. Much screaming ensued, but no major injuries. Thank heavens. Just a bruise under Turkens' middle finger nail.
2. About 2 months ago, the preschool had "wear you favorite color" day. Cuckoo had to wear his second favorite color, because we have never found a purple shirt for boys. This week, Cukoo's best friend's grandma showed up at preschool with a purple shirt, purchased in the boys' department, just for Cuckoo. He was beyond excited. There are such nice people in this world.
3. My Christmas cards are written and mailed. Finally. Except for the few for which I'm waiting for addresses.
4. IT'S CHRISTMAS BREAK!!! No school pickups or dropoffs or homework. If you need me, I'll be home. In my PJs. As much as humanly possible. Which should be a whole heck of a lot.
5. There's been some illness in the house this week. Phoenix had a nasty cold, Cuckoo threw up and felt crummy one day, Star stayed home from school for two days, and Buttercup had a painful sore throat. BUT, everyone is either better or on the mend. So glad my kids' illnesses don't usually stick around for long.
6. On Wednesday, Giant came home from basketball practice with a swollen thumb he couldn't move without lots and lots of pain. He went to bed with ice on it, and didn't feel much better by morning. We sent him to school and crossed our fingers. Thankfully, he was much, much better by pickup time, so no trip to OrthoIndy was necessary.
7. Kris and I left our families in shambles to get away and visit for a bit on Thursday night. And by "bit", I mean 2 and a half hours. It was wonderful to catch up with her, as we haven't seen much of each other since soccer season ended. We both needed the break.
8. I have sore muscles. It's wonderful. I'm finally using muscles I haven't used in a long time, and I'm getting my metabolism back to where it should be.
9. Cuckoo and I had dentist appointments this week, and neither one of us had a single cavity or area of concern. Keeping my fingers crossed that the same is true for the other 5 kids who go the last week of December.
10. Kids make me laugh, and Cuckoo is on a roll this week. Two examples:
- He made out his Christmas list. One item is "a piggy bank in the shape of a pig, with money already in it". Apparently the 4 mostly empty, non-pig-shaped banks he has on his dresser aren't good enough.
- As he watched me wrap presents for the nieces and nephews, he got a surprised look on his face and said, "I poop-tooted".
Me: Come again?
Him: I poop-tooted.
Me: Does that mean you now have poop in your underwear?
Him: I tried to toot, but poop got in the way.
(And a couple of last-minute additions)
11. We finally got an egg from our new chickens! We are going through 3 dozen eggs/week, and I'm getting mighty sick of buying them. It won't be long now that we'll have so many eggs I'll be begging people to take them.
12. When we drove by the gas station, gas was only $2.09/gallon! That saves us a whole lot of cash!
OK, so, as for the link-up. Lizzi doesn't have internet access this week, and she's the only one who can do the code for it. No easy link on the post until her internet gets fixed. But, BUT, you can still link up. Just go to our TToT Facebook page to link up there. We'll be reading from the thread that has been started. If you have any trouble, let me or one of the other hosts know and we'll help you.
From what injuries and/or illnesses has your family recovered this week? Got any funny kid quotes?
What nice thing has someone done for you?
Have a lovely day!