I have been so, so bad about acknowledging the lovely ladies who have nominated me for awards. In fact, I can only remember one. And Stephanie nominated me yesterday, so that's two. I know there is at least one more that someone has given me, but I have been all through my comments and cannot for the life of me find it. If it was you, I am so sorry. My brain doesn't work on all cylinders. Actually, I think I have approximately 5 brain cells bouncing around trying to do the work of 5 billion. They are a little tired. And slow. Don't ask me to name my kids kind of slow.
These ladies were so nice to think of me, and there I sat, not following through. So, today, I will finally get on it.
Back on December 6 (I know! I'm horrible! No need to beat a dead horse.) the very talented Isobel Morrell from Coldham Cuddlies nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. Isobel is the sweetest lady and has been living quite an interesting life. She has been making toys for somewhere around 50 years and now has an Etsy shop to sell them.
And yesterday, Stephanie from Mommy, for Real nominated me, too! Not only is she a funny blogger, she is one of the best commenters in blogland.
Each of these ladies has given me a list of questions to answer.
First, from Isobel:
(1) Got your Christmas cards done yet? Yeah, seeing as she nominated me in December, this is a very relevant question. It is only because I am a slacker that it sounds like an odd question. But to answer, yes, I do have my 2012 cards done. Haven't started the 2013 one yet. Can we say procrastinator?
(2) What do you hate most in
life? I really don't like it when people intentionally hurt others.
(3) Now the opposite - the best thing for you? My husband. I know so many moms would say their kids, but I see my job as to guide them to be independent beings. My husband and I will be living together for the rest of our lives. He is done being an independent being. And I couldn't be happier about it. I'd appreciate it if you don't ask him how he feels. :)
(4) Dogs, Cats
or Another Animal? Being a fake farmer, you'd think I would be an animal lover. Not so. Because I'm a fake. I mean, I am fine with them, but if I'm going to have an animal, it will serve a specific purpose. No pets at this house.
(5) Favourite Carol? Once again, seems out of place at the end of January. My fault. I love Christmas music in general, and have a hard time picking one. I do, however, have a favorite song that the kids sing at the Christmas concert most years. "Must Be Santa".
(6) Apart from Walmart,
where do you shop? Meijer. That's it. It has the best produce section on Indy's southside.
(7) Your favourite food? Anything I don't have to cook would be my first thought. I just like food in general. Anything except sweet potatoes, peas, or anything really spicy.
colour? It has always been blue, but as I age, I am beginning to like a lot more variety. Like the Harvest Gold in my new kitchen. (which is done done. I will be posting a final kitchen roundup hopefully this weekend.)
(9) New Year’s resolution yet? Nope. Never make them.
(10) Christmas this year:
home or away? We have gone back to our hometown every single year except one. Always will.
(11) New Year wish? That everyone, me included, learns to be a little more respectful towards others.
And now for Stephanie's questions. They will probably be a touch more current, seeing as how she gave them to me yesterday.
1. Are you superstitious? Not really, but I don't go out of my way to walk under ladders, break any mirrors, or let a black cat cross my path.
2. What is your favorite part of the day? In the morning, I love, love, love it when the little boys cuddle up in my lap to ease into their day. Until they start arguing about who has more room on my lap and complaining that they are hungry. My second favorite part is after everyone is in bed and I can have some peace and quiet by myself for a bit.
3. Name something you are really good at. Procrastinating. (See #1 in Isobel's questions. Or the fact that I am just now getting to her questions. That's a big clue, right there.) And getting people to laugh.
4. Name something you are really bad at. Keeping my mouth shut.
5. How much sleep do you need at night to get through your day?
Seven is a good number. Eight is fabulous, but it rarely happens.
6. If you could have any job, what would it be? On a book club trip, one of my friends asked this question, but added "and not fail" to it. I surprised everyone when I said I would be a stand-up comedian. I do enjoy making people laugh. That's hard work, though, coming up with all those funny things to say. I would also love to be in plays. I took "Acting for the Non-Major" in college and loved every minute of it. And of course, I'm all drama all the time working and playing with kids. Acting would be such fun.
7. If you could go on vacation anywhere for free, where would you go?
I would go around the world (not in 80 days), stopping whenever the mood struck.
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Besides the fact that it keeps me in the "Dad's Favorite Child" spot, I love that I am actually making friends all over the world. I so enjoy getting new perspectives and laughing along with people.
9. What is your least favorite thing about blogging? Those seconds right before I push the "publish" button, I doubt myself and wonder if anyone will find it interesting or funny or whatever it is I hope them to feel.
10. What is your favorite movie? The Jerk, with Steve Martin, is of course my favorite comedy, but Shawshank Redemption was one fine flick.
11. What is your worst habit?
I am all over my kids about brushing their teeth every single morning and evening, but when I am up late (which is too often) I am so tired that I don't bother to brush my own. (I think I need to change my answer to #9. My least favorite thing about blogging is that I have a tendency to say things that really should be kept private.)
As with all awards, I am supposed to nominate some more blogs and come up with more questions. I didn't get my 7 hours of sleep last night, so I'm not functioning well enough to do that.
I really just wanted to acknowledge Isobel, Stephanie, and award-giver #3, and thank them for thinking of me. They came up with some good questions, too, so I enjoyed answering them.
Have a lovely day!