The boys and I took a 2 hour, 15 minute drive (that was supposed to take only an hour and 30 minutes, but...bad map.) to Turkey Run State Park today.
We spent over 4 hours hiking the "very rugged" trail number three, and then the "moderately rugged" trail number 6 this afternoon.
There was water, there was mud, there were ladders, there were bridges, there were stairs, their were downed trees. Everything five boys (and their mother) could want.
1. I am thankful for a gorgeous day and an empty calendar (after we served at 9:00 Mass) to spend such a delightful day.
2. I'm thankful we had a free afternoon on Saturday to get a bunch of yard and garden work done so we could take Sunday off to go have some fun.
3. I'm thankful for Turken's enthusiasm and focus when playing any sport. Opening day was Saturday, and he played marvelously! He caught two fly balls, one of which was a running catch in the outfield that shocked everyone, and one slide into home to avoid an out.
Wish I had a photo or two...
4. I am thankful for our washing machine, seeing as how we brought home a whole literal mess of mud from the park.
5. I'm thankful I don't have to be anywhere early in the morning. I'm guessing my legs are gonna be reeeeeaaal sore.
I've got lots of laundry to do (Those trails were muddy!), so 6 - 10 will be photos from our afternoon. :)
Tell me. What did you do with your weekend?
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine