And Happy My Favorite Week of the Year!
Of all weeks, this is the best.
1. There are no pressing deadlines.
2. Bryan's workload slows way down, so he gets to come home a couple hours early each day.
3 and 4. We have fun traditions with our friends. New Years Eve is spent with book club couples, when we chat, laugh, play games, and laugh some more. New Years Day is spent with one of our favorite families. (They are Cuckoo's Godparents.) We chat, laugh, share a meal, laugh, play games, and laugh. It warms my heart that even the college kids still come.
5. The kids sleep in, which means I get to relax in bed well after Bryan leaves for work. I read, I doze. I read. I doze. For up to 2 hours.
6. There are no sports practices. There are games, but those are fun.
7. It is a great time in the Catholic Church's liturgical year, so the celebrating continues on through the week.
8. There is time to play games, all the new ones and some of the old favorites.
9. While I am not a fan of appointments, this is a good time to have them, as I don't have to take anyone out of school and we don't have to cram them into an already busy schedule. Six dentist appointments done.
10. And to top it off, today there is sunshine. Beautiful blue skies as far as the eye can see. We haven't seen that since before Christmas.
How have you been spending your week? Tell me all about the good stuff.
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group