So this is gonna be quick.
1. A couple of weeks ago, I was included in a group FB message asking for prayers. Since then, the same group has been called in to pray for some other special intentions. I am glad that one, people are turning to prayer for help in a situation, and two, that they are comfortable asking me to join them in that prayer.
2. Despite the fact that my now-sore calves are cussing him out, I am thankful for Clark's new 2 mile run ...initiative...blog idea...whatever it is. He has decided to run 2 miles every day (except Sundays), record his time in a photo, and invite all of his friends to join along. While I'm not running every day, I did join in on Friday with my first run since the knee surgery. I'm still not a fan of running, but it did show me that my knew really and truly is better and my work the past many months has paid off.
3. Giant ran those 2 miles with me, and even though he was a big fat showoff, running backwards, speed walking, and not breathing hard while I sucked wind and almost died, he kept me running the whole time. I doubt I would have made it without him.
|Probably shouldn't wear a shirt with our school's name on it when I run. The poor school didn't do anything to deserve such bad publicity.|
4. The weather for the tournament has been marvelous. We've had years when it was blazing hot, pouring rain, or freezing cold. A breeze and warm temps has made the tournament almost enjoyable.
5. We got all sorts of stuff done in our first week of summer break. It makes me ridiculously happy, and the kids haven't complained once. (Did you read my last post about how we organize our summer days for maximum productivity and maximum fun?)
6. In related thankfuls, we also had a fun afternoon when the kids decided to put together some scavenger hunts. Good family fun right there.
7. I took the non-soccer kids to a graduation party Saturday afternoon. It was fun to catch up with many people I don't get to see very often.
8. After the graduation party, some of the adults got together for a nice, relaxing evening to end a busy day. We need to do this sort of thing more often.
9. Pretty things to see while doing things I don't want to do always help to lighten my mood.
|Sunrises on my way to early morning workouts|
|New lily blooms while we work outside|
What made you smile this week? Let me know or link it up!
Also, there's still time to join in the contest to design our new TToT button. Make one and link it up with this little linkie thing.
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group