Thankfuls 1-10 right there.
As always, Bryan was taking the kids to school Wednesday morning. As he moved into the left turn lane, his car shuddered, went "KA-CHUNK!" and stopped dead. The car was still running, but it wouldn't move an inch. He couldn't even put it into park.
|After getting the kids to school, I waited in a much less trafficked area for the tow truck to arrive. Why not take a photo?|
Hours later, we were told that the front axle on his car cracked in half right there in the turn lane of an extremely busy 4-lane thoroughfare. If he would have been making that turn when it happened, my children would have been smashed to smithereens. If he would have been on the freeway when it happened...I don't even want to think about it.
But, I have more thankfuls, so we won't just end with the accident that wasn't.
(2) Shockingly, a new front axle, with labor, only cost $350 to fix. We were expecting thousands, which we wouldn't have paid, seeing as how Bryan's car has almost 200,000 miles on it. BUT we can pay $350. The car is already fixed and in our driveway.
(3) This internet thing has brought me all sorts of laughter and fun. This week, I received a message from Kristi. In her understated, hilarious way, she told me about a dream she had the night before starring my boy, Cuckoo. I have been laughing about it for days.
(4) Bryan and Star returned safely from Texas. Not only did they have a blast at the big football game (First ever real national championship football game, and Ohio State (the state where we're from) was in it), they also did all sorts of other things to make Star's trip extra fun. Sure, it was only 30 degrees half the time, but it didn't stop them from enjoying themselves.
(5) It was 35 degrees on Thursday. And sunny. After the bitter cold we've been having, playing on the playground was a necessity. Even if it was preschool pajama day and he didn't have clothes to change into.
(6) I am heading to Chicago this weekend for Phoenix's volleyball tournament. Originally we were supposed to leave Friday afternoon. However, we got the schedule, and he doesn't play until 4:00 Saturday. We were able to cancel the hotel for one night and wait until Saturday to head out.
(7) There are some awesome clearance sales going on. I was thrilled to find a fancy, fancy dress for my niece's birthday. It had been $90, I got it for $13. She is a tomboy in princess clothing, so I made sure she knew I expected her to wear the dress on normal, play outside days and not to save it for a special occasion.
(8) I was able to have breakfast and catch up with a friend on Tuesday.
(9) I have been able to get to the gym several days this week. My sore muscles are the proof. And I was able to find a swim suit on sale. With the $20 in coupons I had for the store, they were practically yelling at me to buy it and get my butt in the pool. I'll be swimming laps come Tuesday.
(10) Our church/school community is the best. We'll leave it at that.
How's your week been? What made you stop and say, "Thank you!" this week?
Link it up or tell me in the comments.
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group