1. I am thankful that Phoenix and Turken were home sick on the same day, so I could still go to my volunteer hours.
2. I am thankful that when I got sick two days later, I was able to do minimal work and rest.
3. I am thankful that Bryan waited until I was feeling a bit better before he got sick. I could do the running around to soccer games while he rested.
4. I am thankful we both felt better and could go to a casual event at the high school with a bunch of friends. We had a great time.
5. I am thankful we had fantastic weather most of the week, even if I couldn't go out and enjoy it. At least we didn't have to freeze our backsides whenever we had to leave the house.
6. I am thankful Phoenix can drive, seeing as how I can't be 3 places at the same time.
7. I am thankful my kids are happy to eat pasta every night of the week if necessary.
8. I am thankful that soccer is finally officially over for the season. No more games until spring.
9. I am thankful for sunshine on chilly days, as it keeps the car I'm sitting in toasty warm while I wait for another soccer game to start.
10. I am thankful for friends who suggest a late breakfast after the last soccer game at a new-to-me restaurant.
11. Bonus! I am thankful that every once in a while, one of my kids still wants to cuddle on the couch. While I'm not happy Cuckoo was having nightmares, I am happy that we got to cuddle on the couch for a while like we did when he was smaller.
12. Bonus 2! (I really should think these through a little bit longer before I start typing.) I'm thankful for little boys who are still learning vocabulary. Cuckoo came to me yesterday and said, "I have lungs on my tooth". After some question and answer time, I figured out he didn't mean lungs (duh) but gums. He has a new molar coming in. :)
How's your week been? What are you thankful for?
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group