Why didn't anyone tell me?
It wasn't on my calendar.
But somehow, Cuckoo knew that it was National Change Your Mind and Scream Your Head Off All Day Day.
Instead of the beautifully worded, amazingly funny yet heartwarmingly touching post I was going to write, here are some updates of posts I've written in the past.
1. The photo from above is the Plan B craft after Plan A was a bust. It's still drying, so the verdict is out on whether it worked or not.
2. The wood scraping has been going well. I usually do a little bit each morning. Two doors are ready for sanding, and we've moved on to the first window.
3. Potty training is back on track. We were good until Spring Break. With all of the activities we did, with no idea where bathrooms would be, the diaper went back on. Once again, he is in underwear, and in underwear he will stay. He's not happy about it, but I don't really care about that.
Of course, because potty training isn't enough on it's own, the day after underwear goes on, the kid stopped napping. Has now gone 5 days without sleeping at nap time. And I KNOW it's because I said something to someone last week about how much of a sleeper he was, having to wake him up every day to get to pick-up at school. Might have something to do with the whole Change My Mind And Scream All Day Day.
4. The garden has been started, and we have grass clippings down. Since we only have three rows of cold weather plantings, there was no complaining from Giant or Star about having to get the clippings raked up.
5. Since my computer got the memo and has changed it's mind (Apparently it no longer wants to be a computer. It won't let me download any more photos.) and is making me want to scream, I am going to stop here for today. Besides, Cuckoo has just been jabbering away this whole naptime, and is now moving on to the "Mommy, I want out of bed, even though I sound like I should still be here" wail.
Happy Change Your Mind and Scream All Day Day!