Saturday, March 31, 2012

When is My Next Book Club Meeting, Anyway?

Reason #329 for me to have time away from the children:

Driving in the van the other day (really, where else would I be?) a big ol' stink started to fill the car.  I kindly asked Cuckoo if he pooped in his diaper, so I could plan the next stop this van would have to take.  This conversation followed:

Cuckoo:  "No, I not poop."
Me:  "Are you sure?"
Cuckoo:  "No, I not poop."
(pause)
Cuckoo:  "I pooped out my nose."
Me:  "Come again?"
Cuckoo:  "I pooped out my nose."
(longer pause)
Turken:  "I think he means a booger."

No one can live on bodily function conversations alone.



3 comments:

  1. Love it! Reminds me of how my little niece used to say, "I burped in my butt" everytime she tooted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, thanks for stopping by. (and for letting me know) Gotta love the variety of ways kids can talk about such things. i'm sure your niece made more than one person giggle with that line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya!! Lol! Some days I forget there's anything else to talk about! And my boys aren't even toddlers anymore!!

    Oh, and you won the children's book! When you get a chance, email me you mailing adress. I think you'll really enjoy it. :)

    If you don't have my email someplace, it's daka1355@mwdotnet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!