Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good days

Despite the rain, the little ones and I are having a lovely morning.  First, they slept in until 8:00, which allowed me to get the big kids off to school, take a shower, eat breakfast, watch a bit of news, and get some laundry started.  My fibromyalgia seems to be taking a day off, as I haven't felt much pain or soreness in all of my trips up and down the steps this morning.  After the boys woke and had breakfast, we were looking out the window to find the dogs when I was thrilled to see robins all over the yard.  That is one of my favorite sights in the world, as it means these freezing cold, snowy days will come to an end in the not too distant future.  I figure, if it's nice enough for the birds, it's nice enough for us.  We got our boots on, grabbed the umbrellas, and went to stomp in puddles and slush and whatever else we could find.  It was glorious to be outside again.  Once we got back in, the boys happily played by themselves while I finished the last 20 pages of my book.  And to top it off, the two year old has done a great job telling me when he has to go to the bathroom.  They are now napping/resting peacefully in their beds, preparing for the onslaught of activity once we have to go get the big kids.
Count all of your little blessings, and you can't help but be joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!