Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Eating on the Go

Two or three times each season, we have a night like we will tonight.  This is what we will be doing today:
2:45 pick kids up at school
3:00-4:00 8yo and 10yo piano
4:30-6:00 12yo basketball practice
6:00-7:30 9yo basketball practice
6:45-7:45 8yo basketball practice
7:30-9:00 12yo Boy Scout meeting

You might wonder, when and where will the children eat, change clothes, and do homework?  It's going to have to be the van, as it is supposed to rain this afternoon and evening. 
I made the choice years ago, when my oldest became a toddler, to avoid fast food like the plague.  It was just a matter of how.  I went to a Tupperware party and saw a lunch box that would be perfect.


 I bought three (and a fourth when the fourth child was born).  For 9 years we have used these boxes.  We've taken them on every picnic we've been on.  We've used them in the car when on road trips, so we didn't have to stop for dinner.  Every single day for an entire school year, my kids ate breakfast out of them on the way to school.  (eggs, french toast, cereal, and all)  These boxes have lived through it all.  I love them.  They are the best things I have ever purchased to help my family eat well and cheaply on the go.  Some reasons I like them so much:

1.  I can clean them in the dishwasher.
2.  I save money by not buying sandwich bags.
3.  A juice box, sandwich, cheese stick, and two sides fit in it.
4.  I don't have to worry about dirty picnic tables.  The kids eat right out of them.
5.  They save space.  All four can easily fit in our cooler, with room for my lunch and ice packs.

If you would like some, they are called Lunch-n-Things Containers.  I have no affiliation with Tupperware, and I never have.  I just want to help you out.

I'm on my way to fill them now.  So much to do, so little time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!