I have no doubt I'll get back to it one of these days. I even have a whole post talking about my theory as to why I'm choosing not to write. I also have a funny (depending on your sense of humor) one about Roy the Wonder Dog. They'll get written eventually.
For now, it seems the TToT is the only thing keeping me writing. After all these weeks, I can't not write a thankful post!
1. The three high school soccer players have not gotten sick from playing in the suffocating heat this week.
2. A friend had a fun impromptu glow-in-the-dark party this weekend, and the little boys had a blast. There was a scavenger hunt (in the dark with flashlights), lots of activities with glow sticks, and even a nighttime soccer game with a soccer ball that lights up when kicked.
3. My mom is coming to stay with us for a few days while Bryan is out of town.
4. We'll be canning lots and lots of apples while she's here.
5. I heard this morning that 2 of my nieces and one of my nephews are coming with her to spend the night tonight. My brother and his wife will come up tomorrow to spend the day before heading back home. It's always a fun to have them here for a visit.
6. There is a boy in Cuckoo's class who is having some trouble getting along with the rest of the kids. In fact, he bit Cuckoo out of the blue one day this week. At dinner, as part of our prayer, we each take a turn asking for a special intention or to say a thank you. Cuckoo, without any prompting from anyone, asked to pray for this little boy, that he figure out how to get along and not get in trouble at school. Despite his orneriness, that boy has quite a loving heart.
7. Even after all these decades, Bryan can still surprise me. (That's part of the Roy story.)
8. There aren't many folks that know much about Catholicism, and there are even more who have ideas that are just plain wrong. I always welcome the chance to answer questions, for not only does it give me the chance to clear things up, it also helps me figure out what I believe and why. One day this week during soccer practice warm-ups, Giant and a teammate had a conversation about Catholicism. The boy had some questions, starting out with the common "Are Catholics Christians?" It was a friendly question and answer conversation that left both boys happy to have had it. It makes me happy to know that my kids have friends with whom they can have these conversations, and the fact that it happens while they are stretching on a soccer field makes it even better.
9. I was able to make two meals this week using never-before-seen-by-my-family recipes. I made chicken pot pie one night and burgundy beef another. As expected, each meal had fans who gobbled up multiple helpings and disgusted diners who only ate the side dishes. It only matters that Bryan and I liked both. :)
10. My baby who made me a mom for the first time had a birthday this week. Phoenix is 17 years old. That's a big number. He will be able to vote for our next president. I'm flabbergasted by the whole thing.
Bonus thankful: I'm grateful to you lovely readers who keep coming back to read my sparse posts. A special shout out to Sandee for always letting me know how much she enjoys my TToT posts. :)
What marvelousness did you encounter this week?
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group