But just like the mailmen, we at the TToT are here rain or shine.
10 things for which I'm thankful, comin' atcha.
And keep in mind, no sun. Low light + old phone = sub-par photos. Sorry 'bout that.
1. With the lower temps, our electric bill is a small fraction of its usual amount.
2. Phoenix having his license is everything I always hoped it would be. It makes me so, so happy when, come 5:15, he and Star say, "Bye, Mom! We're leaving for practice!" I just smile and wave and continue doing whatever it was I was doing.
3. These days, that thing I'm doing when they leave usually is something in the kitchen. I've been able to make real meals every night. I can plan and use what needs used in the fridge. I can look up new recipes and even try them out. I've also made dessert most nights, so the kids are happy, happy, happy.
|I made some apple pie to use up the canned apples from last year. Making room for the gazillion apples currently growing on the trees. It tasted way better than it looks.
4. My niece's Baptism was last weekend.
5. As was my dad's annual 4th of July party. It was a different crowd this year, with many people who don't normally come showing up, and people who usually come not coming, but it was still loads of fun for everyone.
For those of you mothers of multiple children who struggle with getting a good photo of all of your children in the same frame, know that the struggle will never end. Every year there is the photo on the steps theatrics. The first photo is always my siblings and me, and then more people are added to expand on the family. I'll just give you the first two tiers.
|the siblings with my dad and stepmom
|the siblings with Dad, stepmom, and Mom
7. The plants Donna gave are planted around my house and are doing well.
Despite the fact they came home like this:
And the fact we have a dog who has dug up almost every single plant we've ever put in the flower bed.
8. I outsmarted him this time.
9. We have a wide-open weekend ahead of us.
10. And lastly, what would a TToT post be without a garden update?
The green bean season is coming to an end, with 40 quarts on the shelf. Cucumbers are in full swing, so pickle-making is, too. So far, 16 quarts.
Your turn! What makes you want to jump up and yell, "Thank you"? Link 'em up or let me know in the comments.
And seriously, if you've seen the sun this week, show me a photo.
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group