Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What happened here?

Every once in a while, our family has a ridiculously busy day.  On those days, my hubby and I only see each other for a total of 3 minutes.  Enough time to exchange children, a quick kiss, and the two most important pieces of information the other must know.  That oftentimes leaves me to be detective.  I must look at the clues to figure out what happened and what I need to do about it, if anything.

In the past few days, I have had to put my detective skills into action.  I have found:

A pile of wood in our piano room.  Not usually a place we store wood.  Odd sizes show that the pieces have been cut already.  A tour of the house, and I find that the big boys' room smells like a lumberyard.  Ah, hubby must have replaced the slats in the bunk bed.  Yeah!

I also found: 



The sheets from the two year old's bed, as well as his pajamas and blankie.  They are giving up a most unpleasant odor.  Knowing the two year old hasn't been feeling himself the last few days, I'm going to guess that he got sick in his bed.  Laundry is in my immediate future.


The next morning, I go to get the two year old out of bed and find this:


Why is he using a beach towel for a blanket?  I can only guess that when hubby changed the messy sheets, he couldn't find the blankets.  Found the sheets, but not the blankets.  Need to show him where they are.  (Mind you, I don't have some crazy organizational system.  The blankets are right next to the sheets in the closet.  Don't know how he missed them.)

Sometimes, as I know all moms with multiple children must, I need to figure out what happened, but also who did it.

The other day, I found this:

Yes, that is a monstrously large piece of our wallpaper ripped off the wall.  The 30 foot vaulted wall going up the stairs.  Which are directly in front of the front door.  The first thing you see when you come into the house.  And those are pieces of the wallpaper on the steps, so a simple gluing ain't gonna fix this problem.  The entire family was home when this was done, so everyone is a suspect.  But the fact that the tear is almost exactly as tall as the two year old's reach, I'm confident that I can narrow my search to a particular person of interest. 


I find it quite ironic that with the birth of each child, I lost more brain cells but also gained more mysteries that require the use of extra brain power. 

Have a lovely, mystery-free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!